Sunday, March 11, 2012

Me Versus My Sinus Infection III

I was sick on the third week of Feb. The timing was bad because I started a consistent lifestyle including job searching and going back to the gym. I thought I had the common cold, a rare sickness because the past years I either got the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) or the stomach flu. Fortunately, this sickness was minor and recovery was faster than last October. I remained focused, read my past sinus infection blogs to remind myself how I recovered, and remained calm. Here’s the timeline:

Mon Feb 13. I woke up with a dry throat. I drank water and the dry throat disappeared. The dry throat reappeared in the late morning. I drank water and the dry throat remained. I took a throat lozenge. No improvement. I applied salt inside my throat before I went to sleep. I slept well. I thought whether I got the common cold or a mild RSV before I fell asleep. The symptoms matched RSV throughout the day.

Tue Feb 14. I felt worse. I had stuffy nose one minute and runny nose the next minute. I drank water throughout the day and drank Coke for lunch and dinner. I ate an orange and apple for breakfast. I ate two kiwi at night. I made jello after dinner.

I had trouble sleeping because I had breathing problems. I turned on the humidifier. My sleeping was off and on. I turned off the humidifier late night and fully fell asleep.

Wed Feb 15. I felt a little better. The stuffy nose continued while the runny nose ceased. Light cough started. I coughed out phlegm which was 99% white color. I took a nap at 5:30pm without the humidifier. I turned on the humidifier at night time. I turned off the humidifier before I went to bed.

I ate frozen yogurt from a local frozen yogurt store. I drank Coke for lunch and dinner. The jello was good.

Thur Feb 16. I slept for 11 hours last night. Best sleep of the week. Coughs were productive. I had congestion. No runny nose and stuffy nose. I asked myself, “Mild case of RSV?”

Fri Feb 17. Best day of the week. I could use more rest throughout the day. Coughing continued to be productive. I bent down and blew my nose that allowed me to blow out more mucus. I’m not sure that was healthy or advised for sick people. Coke, jello, and yogurt helped.

I was sad I couldn’t workout at the gym all this week. I spent less time searching for a job. I took no medications and vitamin C supplements.

How Did I Get Sick?

I always think about the most likely cause I got sick. Here are the probabilities:

My cousin and aunt were sick. My family celebrated Chinese New Year in my cousin’s restaurant. My cousin and aunt were sick. My cousin didn’t work in the kitchen that day. Probability is 25%.

It’s simply in the air. It was the time of the year for people to get sick. Probability is 20%.

Sat Feb 11 dinner. I ate Hello Kitty sushi for dinner. Probability is 15%.

Sun Feb 12 lunch. My dad, uncle, and I ate Chinese for lunch. Probability is 10%.

Sun Feb 12 dinner. My mom did a poor job cooking pork from the freezer. The pork was dried like beef jerky. Probability is 10%.

Too little, too late? I ate the Chinese for lunch and my mom’s dried pork dinner both late. Probability is 20%.

One of my body weaknesses is a large difference in daily temperature range. The temperature range varied day by day significantly. Probability is 20%.

Bacterial. I could have gotten a bacterial infection somewhere and somehow. Probability is 20%.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: