Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Variety Is The Spice Of Life

I prefer to live my life avoiding boredom. I choose to live life open to new adventures and experiencing new experiences. I want to live life something different daily. The boring, same old, same old life is for somebody else. I live life open because I want to know there are many ways to live life happy and exciting. My best example is music.

I listened to pop and rock music when I was a child. My favorite radio station was 1170 AM KLOK. The radio station called itself, “Clock radio 1170 KLOK.” The station played late 70s and 80s pop and rock. I started recording music off the radio stations on cassette from 1986 to 1997.

I started listening to Japanese Anime soundtracks and character vocal music in 1998. I added classical music in late 1998. I considered myself a casual classical music. I hated classical music when I was a child. It sounded boring except Tchaikovsky’s 1812. It was my dad’s only classical music in his record collection. I opened myself to classical music after reading an article children listening to classical music makes them smarter.

I started listening to classic rock and a little Japanese Pop (J-Pop) in 2003. Pop music started to get crappy. I tried classic rock and liked it. From 1998-2008, I listened to pop, anime, classical, and classic rock and J-Pop. I listened to pop and rock only from 1997 and earlier.

My music interests took a huge eye opening as I more types of music in a shorter time frame. I became interested in classic jazz in late 2008. I listened to easy listening music such as Frank Sinatra in February 2009. I received my first Vocaloid CD in April 2010. Vocaloid, in short, is a computer program that plays music when given the lyrics and melody. Hatsune Miku is popularly associated with Vocaloid. The newest music I became interested was big band in January 2011.

Opening your life is important to live with variety. Everyone should try listening to different varieties of music. Each of my favorite music type brings different feelings and thoughts. Each of my favorite music type is appropriate for different moments. I switch to a different music type when I feel tired and needed something different. Variety can apply to the foods we eat, the board games we play, the different gym workout schedule, or a different work commute. People can have an interesting life and non-boring life by living a life with variety.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: