Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Multiple State Of Mind Everyday

Suppose I fill up my gas at a cheap gas station. People who know me knows I fill up my gas at either Chevron or Union 76. Some of them may think, "Raymond's senses are coming to him. He now realizes gas is gas. There is no difference." It's true experts say gas is just gas. The price differences are the additives, marketing, and brand name. Others may think I'm going crazy putting (supposedly) crappy gas in my car. Both ideas make sense. What conclusion my family, friends, and acquaintances make depends what we think at the moment. I say even timing and luck are factors whether the conclusion is correct, incorrect, or incomplete.

Our thinking and state of mind are fluid. It fluctuates. Wherever, whatever, and whenever we're doing, thinking, saying, seeing, hearing, touching, feeling, smelling influences our state of mind at that moment in time. There are situations I communicate my thoughts. Sometimes I'm correct. Sometimes I'm incorrect. I miss a few details. I misunderstood information or there is a miscommunication between me and the other party. Sometimes I don't know this and that, and someone communicates me the information I miss.

I believe I have a clearer and consistent state of mind as long as I remember my favorite scene in Star Wars. Obi-Wan Kenobi taught Luke Skywalker to see with his mind, not his eyes when they were in the Millennium Falcon. Take a deep breath, think before you say, and share your thoughts. If you think this blog entry makes no sense, then you need to change state of mind.

No comments: