Thursday, July 23, 2015

Timeout Good Raymond Mar

I search for a job six days a week. I refresh my job skills and learn new job skills seven days a week. I'm unemployed. My contract was satisfied on May 1, 2015. I'm in a sense of urgency getting a new job. I accept a contract job if it strengthens my resume. I increase my chances getting a job learning new job skills. For example, I self-taught myself dashboards and forecasting.

There are two reasons for my sense of urgency getting a job. The first reason is I want to live my life independently now. There is no more waiting to live my life tomorrow. The time is now to live life my way. The second reason is to avoid too much fun. Life was too much fun after I graduated De Anza in Mar 2011. I failed to take job searching seriously. I failed to search for a job intelligently.

On the other hand, I'm working too hard job searching and job self-training since May 1. I took a risk if I may say so from Tue Jul 14 to Sun Jul 19. I took a break from job self-training. It was my staycation. I reduced my gym workouts in half. I turned off my sense of urgency getting a job. Was that okay? I rested my mind, body, and spirit. However, I continued job searching applying to potential job opportunities.

The last time I took a vacation was December 2009. I exclude the vacation when I went back to school from Mar 2009 to Jun 2011. The relaxation last week gave me more appreciation for vacations. We must take vacations. We must rest. My highlights below:

Podcasts. I caught up listening to Sex With Emily, Car Talk repodcasts, and Awesome Etiquette.

Movies From My DVD Collection. I watched Wall Street, Good Willing Hunting, Aliens, Clerks, and Goodfellas.

Baseball On TV. I watched the first, second, third, fourth, and bottom of the ninth innings in the All Star Game. I watched the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh innings in Giants Vs Diamondbacks game on Fri Jul 17.

Japanese Restaurant. I ate all you can eat sushi for the first time.

The staycation last week was successful. I'm refocused. I'm back to my normal routine job searching and job self-training; for instance, job training in the afternoon, working out at the gym in the evening, and job searching before bedtime. I take care of myself and my family between those events. I pace myself while in a sense of urgency.

Furthermore, listen to my heart. Trust my intuition. I keep looking for the next job which fits me. I take a risk refusing job interviews I believe aren't a fit. There is no settling down. This is it. I'm ready to move on.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: