Monday, November 07, 2016

SOMT: Cities, Downtowns, Stores, Parties Meet People

Blogger’s Note: SOMT stands for Sign Of My Times, an occasional blog sharing my thoughts how time changes life from when I was young to today.

I watched the movie "American Graffiti" on Sat Nov 5. Good movie. The movie was ranked #77 in the American Film Industry's Top 100 Movies of all time 1997 list. The movie is about two high school grads spend one final night together cruising the local town.

My favorite part of the movie was everyone being outdoors. The characters were outside seeking adventures and experiencing new experiences in town. Meet new people, share laughs, cry, be honest, and finding oneself. My generation's youth we spent time outdoors. We met new people. We cruised cities, downtowns, and roads. Also, we met new people indoors such as malls and parties.

My youth leisure was being active. We were physically doing something. We brought ourselves out there to be seen. We brought ourselves out there to see new people. We brought ourselves out there with our friends to strengthen our friendships. We made phone calls on landlines to organize the day's activities.

More youths are on the computer today. More youths are on the internet. More youths are on their cell phone. Cell phones and the internet are great to organize gatherings. Meeting people indoors such as parties and gatherings is acceptable. The bottom line is don't isolate yourself. Don't be anti-social. Spend time outdoors. Get up and do something, anything. The best way to meet new people is still the old fashion way. Get out there.

In addition, I follow my advice. I'm a man of my blogs. I begin attracting new people indoors and outdoors when I find my own nest.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: