Saturday, November 11, 2017

Instant Bullets Blog Nov 11, 2017

*In-N-Out Secret Menu. I ordered the Double Meat from In-N-Out's secret menu. It was the first time I ordered from their secret menu. The Double Meat is different than the Double Double. The Double Meat includes two hamburger patties without cheese. No more ordering two individual hamburgers. Here are the websites listing the secret menu: In-N-Out Official Not-So-Secret-Menu and Spoon University 31 Genus Ways To Hack The In-N-Out Menu.

*Super breakfast. There are days I anticipate eating a late lunch. My super breakfast is two pieces of bread, a bigger serving of fruit, almonds or walnuts, Craisins, granola bars or Belivita breakfast bars, and a bigger bowl of cereal or a bowl of oatmeal.

*Agree or disagree? It's better to be lucky than be smart.

*Three parts of a job interview. Two of the three parts of a job interview is obvious. They're the interviewer or interviewers and the interviewee. The third part is the circumstances. The parties may not get along. The interviewee may be the best qualified; however, if the interviewee is a jerk, then no job offer. Conversely, the job system has rewarded job candidates with recent experience and relevant knowledge. Good personality is secondary. The bottom line is if any circumstance says no hire or no job offer, then the position remains open.

Moreover, younger aged interviewers prioritize a plethora of skills, relevant knowledge, and recent experiences. Older aged interviewers prioritize good character, positive attitude, strong work ethics, and an easy personality.

*Life is a full circle. Good moments happen to good people. Bad moments happen to bad people. Life can be cruel. Life can be weird. Life can be unfair. There are exceptions.

Sometimes we thought we do good when we actually doing bad. We realize the good or the bad in time. Steve Jobs said, "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever."

Time will tell what you do today is good tomorrow. I believe time is the ultimate judge.

*$6.60 lesson. I failed to look at the expiration date for a 20% off coupon at an online store. I redeemed the coupon two days after the expiration date. Lesson learned. The first sentence I read is the percent off savings. The second sentence I read is the expiration date for all coupons. The third sentence I read is the restrictions.

*Relationships are hard. Most relationships are hard. Most relationships should be hard because the best relationships require hard work intelligently. Dynamic relationships and intelligent relationships require all parties to participate. The types of relationships I refer include professional, friendship, and marriage. All long-term relationships are hard to find and hard to maintain.

*Top Ten New York Times Books Best Seller list in 2008. The following books made the top ten in any given week in Fall 2008. I wonder if I read these books earlier than Sat Oct 4, 2008 I might have realized I needed to grow up earlier. I grew up on Sat Oct 4, 2008. The list below is in no particular order with the release date in parenthesis.

--The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (09/24/07)
--The Road by Cormac McCarthy (09/26/06)
--Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (11/18/08)
--Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (02/16/06)
--Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos (11/28/06)
--I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max (January 2006)
--Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner (04/12/05)
--The Shack by WM. Paul Young (May 2007)

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and Dewey by Bret Witter (09/24/08) books are on my wish list.

*I close my mouth when I brush my teeth. I reach the back of my teeth easier. My mouth is big.

*I swish with warm salt water to help heal my tongue from hot food burn.

*Friday night Nov 10, 2017. I turned back the clock when I played video games all night ending in early morning. I played Japanese Mahjong online at Tenhou. It was like I played Team Fortress 2 ten years ago. I heard soccer families playing at the school across the street. No more all night video games.

*Desperate times. Desperate measures. There is an increase telemarketers calling on weeknights and weekends. Also, job recruiters are calling my cell phone on Saturdays.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: