Monday, April 10, 2006

6 For The Price Of 1

The barcode on goods in a supermarket is used to scan the items on a cash register for fast and accurate check out for the customer. Very rarely, the scanned item charges the wrong price for the customer. I have not been incorrectly charged for me or against me to the best of my knowledge . . . so far $-)

Yesterday, I purchased a six pack of carbonated water. I was charged the price of one bottle. It wasn’t the wrong price. The price and barcode were correct on the display. What happened? The cashier scanned the wrong bar code by accident. I confirmed it on my receipt. I was charged the price of one drink for the six pack—6 for the price of 1. Wow!

There are two barcodes on the six pack. The first barcode is on the bottom of the six pack packaging. The second barcode is on the individual bottles. The packaging has an opening on the sides for the customer to look at the bottle including the nutrition information. Somehow, one of the individual bottle’s barcode pointed outwards from the sides of the packaging and the cashier scanned the individual bottle’s barcode.

Here is a tip. If the individual contents in the package have its own barcode and can be seen and can be moved or turned, move or turn the individual contents’ barcode. With the individual contents’ barcode showing, there is a chance the cashier scans the wrong barcode since the cashier easily sees the individual contents’ barcode. Don’t overdo the showing barcodes. If it’s a four pack or more, show one of the individual barcodes on each side of the package. Give it a try `__*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: