Sunday, April 30, 2006

Innovating The Typical Routine

Blog Writer’s Note: If the reader likes routine days, routine weeks, live a routine life, and are happy, please don’t read the Blog entry.

I like to share my typical weekday: wake up at 7:00 A.M. and get ready for work, arrive at work at 8:30 A.M., eat lunch for an hour watching two episodes of anime on my laptop, leave work at 5:30 P.M., arrive home at 5:50 P.M., do household chores which is usually kitchen work, cook, eat dinner, read books and read articles, and go to sleep. On Thursdays nights and Fridays nights, I work out at the gym.

At work, I do the same assignments and responsibilities I have been doing since I started: create statistics and reports, input closed transactions, research properties, and . . . and . . . and . . . , that’s really it.

On Saturdays and Sundays, I finish my Things To Do list for the week. I go shopping, usually in the mornings. I start or finish any personal big projects I never had time to do during the weeknights. Saturday evenings is family night. Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon I do my favorite hobbies.

Typical routine :-< I hate it. Now it’s time to innovate it. In 2006, my typical routine is not typical. Check them out `__* *I have been going to Fanime Con Forum gatherings and I’m having lots of fun and meeting new people and making new friends!!!
*I learned Crystal Reports, a database report software, by taking two days of training. With Crystal Reports knowledge for work, I innovate the Research Department completing reports faster and creating new reports and statistics. I plan to review and practice during the weeknights with my home PC.
*I took a Business Plan night class at a junior college during Winter Quarter 2006 where I met a ton of new people. I’m going to start a part-time business. I’m currently reading a business plan book to supplement what I learned. Yes, I’m writing a business plan now. *Whoo, hoo*
*Currently, during my lunch hour, I’m updating my webpage instead of watching anime. Do I still find time to watch anime outside work? Gee, I hope so :-))
*I attended and cosplayed at the Cherry Blossom Festival for the first time last week and I attended the Learning Annex two day wealth seminar in March 2006 where I met new people, too.
*I visited San Francisco fives times already, shopped at Oakridge mall, went to a picnic, went bowling, and visited Serramonte mall 15 minutes south of San Francisco.
*I joined startupnation.com forum and limerockcafe.net forum.

Am I behind in watching anime, playing video games, researching stocks, learning technology, updating my webpage, playing poker, and writing new Blogs? Absolutely yes. I’m even behind at work 8-) Who is not behind in life? The point is I’m always busy, staying active, meeting new people, and trying something new.

Nobody is going to know life gets better without trying new activities and thinking new ideas. Never stop innovating . . . Innovate Infinitely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: