Tuesday, September 26, 2006

$10.00 Or Less To Protect Sight And Sound

A long time ago, my Dad asked me to start mowing the lawn. I said, "No problem." Honestly, I hated mowing the lawn. My choices in life lack the gardening spirit. And the lawn mower is older than me -__-

Two years later, my Mom told me about a news article on people losing their hearing mowing their lawn because the lawn mower is loud. I thought twice about those people. These people mowed the lawn likely once a week during the spring and summer seasons which is a few days out of the year. No worries. The X factor is how big the lawn is. My family's lawn is small such that it takes 5 minutes to mow the lawn. I thought my hearing is safe.

Then again, ear plugs cost less than $5.00. I purchased ear plugs. When I used the ear plugs to mow the lawn, I used them everytime. The earplugs make a difference.

Also, I remember a news event a woman was mowing the lawn and accidentally mowed over a metal object. One of the pieces escaped the lawn mower and hit her front body. What saved her? Her bra `O__O' The metal piece hit a wire on the bra protecting her from injury.

I also purchased a pair of eye goggles to protect my eyes at the same time I purchased the earplugs. The goggles cost around $5.00. I keep my eyes safe in case I mowed over any objects on the lawn 8-)

For less than $10.00, I have earplugs to protect my ears and I have goggles to protect my eyes. $10.00 is chump change compared to the massive loss losing either sight or sound. I image my life without either sight or sound--my life sucks big time. It costs me $10.00 to at least reduce the chances of hearing damage or sight loss.

The next time you go shopping, go to the hardware store and purchase ear plugs and safety goggles.

No comments: