Sunday, September 10, 2006

Questioning ININ

In December 2004, my friend Steve from Washington and I vacationed in Las Vegas for three days. During the vacation, I lost my Vuarnet sunglasses I had since 1997. Later in the evening, I went to Caesar’s Place shopping mall to purchase a new pair. When I asked the worker I wanted a new pair, the worker asked my last pair. I said, “Vuarnet.” The worker responded he never heard of the company. Embarrassed, me? Somewhat. The cheapest sunglasses were $120.00. Still expensive $-\

I purchased the new pair of sunglasses. The new pair was polarized and the design of the model is sporty and cool looking. LOL! I never knew how polarized sunglasses made driving easier.

In all honestly, if I still have my 1997 pair, I never purchased a new pair. Why? The reason was because my 1997 pair still worked. On the other hand, my new pair worked much better and looked much better than my 1997 pair.

In July 2006, my Casio G-Shock watch went haywire. The watch no longer worked. I’m not sure if the battery needed to be replaced or what. The display was all lit up. I always need to wear a watch to keep track of time. Sure, I have my cell phone. A watch makes it easier for me to keep track of time, remind myself the date, and the stopwatch features are useful.

I purchased another G-Shock watch on eBay at least $40.00 cheaper than a watch store. The new watch has better lighting when I need to see the watch in the dark and the countdown feature includes the 10th of a second when the countdown is under one minute.

In all honestly, if I still have my 1996 watch, I never purchased a new watch. Why? The reason was because my 1996 watch still worked. On the other hand, my new watch included new features and looked much better than my 1996 watch.

I mentioned the sunglasses and watch because if the unfortunate incidents never happened, I still use my 1997 sunglasses and 1996 watch. I never needed to upgrade, improve, or innovate my sunglasses and watch. My philosophy in life is Never Stop Innovating Life—Innovate Infinitely. My new sunglasses and new watch were improved, I mean, innovated. Yet, on the other hand, my old sunglasses and old watch worked. I could have used the money for something else.

Interesting dilemma. I could apply the same situation for a new car, remodel my house, and buy new clothes. Are there some aspects in life which innovation is not needed? If something still works, then no need to repair it, change it, upgrade it, or innovate it. On the other hand, if the something is repaired, changed, upgraded, or innovated, does the new something make life easier?

Everyone has different choices and different priorities when it comes to innovating. We all think differently and live differently. There is no correct way to innovate. A person may choose to buy a new pair of sunglasses every two years because of the new look. Innovation? Or a waste of money?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: