Thursday, January 22, 2009

Washington Canada 2008: Day 2 of 6 Sun Nov 16

Seattle, Here We Come!!!

Steve and I woke up around 9:00am. We quickly checked our emails. At 9:50am, we drove off to McDonalds to get breakfast. We were running a little late to Bremerton. Steve said it's OK to eat breakfast in the car. I ordered the Sausage Egg Biscuit meal #4. I forgot what Steve ordered -__- We stopped at a convenience store with a classic car and neon signs on the building for a few seconds.

Steve planned to park the car in Bremerton and we ride the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. The reason was to avoid driving in downtown. All the activities were walking distance. The cost of the ferry was free from Bremerton to Seattle and $6.70 from Seattle to Bremerton. The bridge toll is $4.00. Do the math. Add the cost of gas and the ferry was cheaper. The travel time was a respectable 60 minutes.

I saw the Toys Topless adult store, LOL, just past the Highway 3 junction. The store must cater to the sailors at the nearby Puget Sound Naval Shipyard ;) We arrived in Downtown Bremerton at 10:25am. The signal lights were simple compared to Downtown San Jose. Just a hanger with two signal lights and a Don't Walk signal. Simple and awesome! I saw two Bremerton police cars drove off City Hall. I guess they began their shift. One of the officers wore a baseball cap with the police logo.

We found parking for $8 at an underground parking garage. Steve stuffed the $8 in a self-serve non-mechanical booth. We walked up the stairs to the Bremerton Marina. There were water fountains I never saw before. The two pictures below shows the unique water fountains or water decoration or whatever water something `__^




After taking pics of the waterfall, I saw Washington State Police cars. I rushed over to take pics. Taking pictures of police cars is one of my hobbies =) We arrived at the Bremerton ferry port at 10:47am. The next ferry was 11:25am. We waited inside and play Fluxx. We played Fluxx throughout the ferry rides. Many people waiting for the ferry wore their Seattle Seahawks jerseys, jackets, caps, and appeal. Home game for the Seahawks.



The ferry departed on time. Puget Sound was foggy big time :O Steve and I found a table to continue playing Fluxx. We moved locations two times because of the sun shinning inside and because the temperatures inside the ferry were inconsistent. Some places were too warm and some places were too cold. Steve and I took a brief break. While walking outside, I saw many people wearing their Seahawks clothing. The fog was still thick. The fog horn sounded a few times and there were fog horn responses in return. Steve and I met up and we found another table to play Fluxx. Steve wanted a drink and went to the vending machine. Steve accidentally pressed the wrong letter-number on the keypad and lost $2.00. Was Steve going to get redemption? Stay tuned.

The ferry arrived at Seattle at 12:40pm. We docked at Pier 52 Colman Dock. Many Seahawks fans were eager to depart and walk to Qwest Field. Seattle remained foggy. I saw more Washington State Police cars as Steve and I walked to South Alaskan Way. I took pics :]



We walked northbound on South Alaskan Way. We saw the Seattle Aquarium next to the Waterfront Park and we discussed the Monterey Aquarium and the Vancouver Aquarium. We wondered what the Vancouver Aquarium looked like after they completed their expansion. In the '05 Washington Canada trip, the Vancouver Aquarium expansion area was under construction. We also talked about the Washington State flag.

Licensed To Kill

The first shop we visited was Ye Olde Curiosity Shop at 12:54pm. Steve purchased a James Bond Licensed To Kill joke license with a pic of Sean Connery. Everytime we talked about James Bond, I reminded Steve the joke from The Simpsons when Millhouse entered the comic shop and the viewers saw an autograph picture of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore ^__^



We walked to the Pike Place market and quickly walked the lower level shops and market at 1:21pm. We entered the Golden Age Collectables. Steve being a Star Wars fan and my source for Star Wars information posed for a picture with the Star Wars life size standee cutouts. Anyone wanted to buy a Hanna Montana cutout for $30 :p



We passed by a stamps, sports card, and collectables shop. The shop displayed a 1956 Dwight Eisenhower IKE presidential button for $10. We went inside a used book store and walked around briefly. The book store had lots of children's books. The shopkeeper was in a good mood greeting all his customers.

We walked upstairs to the street level Pike Place market at 1:45pm. We saw the main attraction at the world famous Pike Place Fish Market. The timing was good because we saw the workers tossing a fish. I managed to get one pic.



Time For Lunch

Steve mentioned for lunch he wanted to eat at an Irish restaurant. I approved. We walk on 1st Avenue and then South 1st Avenue looking for the restaurant. Steve didn't know the name of the restaurant and the cross street. He recognized the restaurant when he saw it. We arrived at Pioneer Square at 1:56pm. Steve said to continue walking down S. 1st Ave. Pioneer Square and Downtown Seattle were cleaner than San Francisco. We reached the end of Pioneer Square and closer to Qwest Field. Steve said to turn back. I followed since I had no clue what the Irish restaurant was. Steve checked his iPhone for the exact location of the restaurant and he asked someone. The person said we passed the restaurant. If I knew the name, I could have helped located the restaurant XD

At 2:22pm, we found the restaurant. The name of the restaurant was Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant. I hoped the moment was the only wild goose chase XD We were seated in an area with a bar with televisions of the football games. We arrived at the last half of the 2nd quarter of the Seahawks game. Steve ordered the corn beef sandwich and I ordered the turkey sandwich. We talked about eye glasses, how to be a football fan, and downtown being quiet because the Seahawks played a home game.



The main activity for the day was taking The Underground Tour also in Pioneer Square. The tour was the history of Seattle. We went to the ticket booth and the next tour was 4pm. We missed the 3pm. We walked from the ticket booth to Elliott Bay Book Company, a five minute walk. At 3:15pm, we entered the book store. I always checked the bargains first. There was nothing worth buying. Next, I checked the used books. Nothing much either. I walked around the bookstore and saw the young adult section. I remembered the book "Forever" by Judy Blum. There was a copy for $9. I purchased it. All teens must read "Forever." The book was written in 1975, yet the theme is still valid in today's teenagers' way of living.

The Underground Tour

We purchased tickets for the 4pm tour at 3:45pm. The crowd was pretty big for the 4pm tour. The tour lasted 1.5 hours including the 20 minute introduction from one of the tour guides. How was Seattle found? The short answers were greed, crappers (i.e., toilets), and seamstresses ~~ All cities founded in at least the western USA were from prostitution. Pictures from the Underground Tour:








The tour ended at 5:46pm at the gift shop of course. I purchased a refrigerator magnet of Downtown Seattle including Mt. Rainier and the Space Needle in the daytime. I also purchased a brothel coin. The coin could come in handy for foreplay and roleplay ;)))

Steve looked at the ferry schedule and we could take the 6:45pm ferry. We had time to spare and we went inside the Magic Mouse Toys shop. The shop had a variety of toys, games, stuffed animals, and puzzles. A good jack-of-all-trades toy shop. The shop sold The Settlers of Catan series. I highly recommend The Settlers of Catan for all ages including families. Easy to play. Unlimited fun factor. Good lesson to learn trade, negotiations, backstabbing, and screwing each other (in game of course).

We arrived at Colman Dock Pier 52 at 6:13pm to purchase ferry tickets to Bremerton. We sat down and relaxed. I talked to a couple about the Seahawks. I mentioned I'm from Northern California and we talked about the 49ers winning the overtime game against the Seahawks. We agreed the 49ers should have lost the game. We discussed the Seahawks injuries to key players and the team played no defense. Steve was checking email on his iPhone.

The ferry departed on time at 6:45pm heading back to Bremerton. Steve and I played Fluxx. I see many Seahawks fans sad or angry the team lost yet the fans were cheerful to be with each other. During our Fluxx games, we talked about the dinner plans. Steve was open. He wanted to take me to his favorite Chinese restaurant overlooking the Port Orchard waters. I approved; unfortunately, we couldn't eat Chinese because it's dark. I suggested Steve we eat breakfast. He agreed. Breakfast could be eaten anytime of the day. The later the day, the more appealing breakfast was. So true, everyone XD We could eat Chinese another day.

Better Than A Denny's

We arrived at Steve's car around 7:10pm. Steve played the theme to the James Bond movie "Licensed To Kill" and he showed his Licensed To Kill joke license card to me, LOL We listened to the James Bond soundtrack on the way back to Port Orchard. We saw the moon an orange-red color along Highway 16 along Sinclair Inlet. The James Bond soundtrack was playing "Moonraker" the same time we saw the orange-red color moon. We talked about similarities between the '05 and '08 Washington Canada trip. The first similarity was the warm weather. In '05, California experienced temperatures in the 100s in late August. In '08, California temperatures were in the 80s in middle of November. The second similarity was natural disasters. In '05, there was Hurricane Katrina. In '08, there was the Southern California wild fires.

We ate dinner at Family Pancake House at 8:10pm. The restaurant was empty. It was just us and two or three other tables with people. Steve ordered the prime rib and I ordered the eggs, sausage, and hash browns. The portions were huge we took the leftovers home.

The interest of playing more Betrayal At The House On The Hill was in our thoughts. We arrived back at Steve's place at 9:30pm and played Betrayal up to midnight. Steve turned on the TV and we listened to Tom Petty on PBS while playing Betrayal. Steve went to bed at midnight and I stayed up backing up my photos on my laptop and watched a movie starring Sidney Poitier, Tom Beringer, and Kirstie Alley. I never got the title of the movie. I turned off the TV and then I showered and brushed my teeth. I choose to read a few pages of "The Choice" and "Forever" books. I slept just before 2am.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: