Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Washington Canada 2008: Prologue

Timing is everything. The timing was perfect for my vacation. Steve and I planned the dates at the time I was lost—I forgot who I am. Visiting Washington and Canada was the perfect opportunity to take time away from work, take time away from my daily life, take time away from home, and take time away from being the lost Raymond Mar.

Sat Nov 15 to Thur Nov 20 were appropriate dates because the 15th was the third week in Nov I should finish my department quarterly report at Cisco. Seattle weather was cold and crisp and the opportunity to touch Seattle rain. I like cold days and rainy days ^__^

Most of the activities planned for Washington Canada '08 were the same for Washington Canada '05. We planned to shop at book stores, visit Downtown Seattle, visit Canada, visit Hurricane Ridge, walk around, watch movies, gamble, and play board games. We had fun indoors and we had fun outdoors =)

What I did new for '08 trip: First, I brought my Dell laptop to check my email, backup the photos, and watch anime during down time or breaks. I didn't watch any anime because we had so much fun. Second, I brought "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks and "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy books to read when waiting for my flights and while flying. I didn't bring my laptop and books in '05. Last, I wore new shirts, shoes, and a new jacket for the first time. The new clothing symbolized me growing up.

Thank you Steve for providing the transportation, lodging, and room and board at your house :))

I used pics, receipts for purchases, and brochures to assist in the blog. I introduce a new feature--pics. Most of the pics include a caption. A sample is below ^^ A new blog entry is uploaded once a day. Thank you for reading and enjoy!



I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: