Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Did The Dumb Ass Co-Worker Wanted To Change?

Sooner or later, everyone is going to change. I changed on Sat Oct 4, 2008, the day I realized I must grow up. Change happens by choice or by chance or by luck or by timing. Growing up was a choice. Getting my job contract terminated was by chance. We change for better or for worse.

Earlier today, I prepared lunch and dinner for the family. I thought about Colliers International, my job before I worked at Cisco. Specifically, I thought about my dumb ass co-worker in the Research Department. He had lots of problems professionally and personally. For example, professionally, many workers complained of lost papers and late turnaround and taking too many smoking breaks. Personally, he was divorced and drove to Stockton to visit his children.

Did he want to be a better person? Did he want to be a more effective worker? I believe a person can't change another person. Instead, a person influences another person to change. Did he want to change? Now I'm growing up, I wondered could I influence my dumb ass co-worker to change? Could I teach him better ways to work on assignments, correct his errors calculating statistics, and be a good listener to his problems? I was immature, a loner, a worker who did everything by himself. Likewise, my dumb ass co-worker was also immature, a loner, a worker who did everything by himself. I don't know whether he wanted to change. If I was a grown up person, I attempted to influence him to change.

It took me 34+ years to change. I'm growing up. I still have lots to learn, lots to experience, and lots of mistakes I must correct. I never influenced anyone to change, to innovate, and be a role model. I'm glad I didn't because I was naive before Sat Oct 4, 2008. Someone could have told me to change and to grow up sincerely in my past. Fortunately, I'm growing up now. There are some people who are older than me and haven't grown up.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: