Saturday, January 16, 2010

De Anza Week Jan 11, 2010

Mon Jan 11, 2010

I arrived on campus at 9:50am. I drove inside the Sterling garage. No parking. Next, I drove around the open parking area. No parking. No panic. Finally, I drove inside the Flint Center garage. Damn, plenty of parking. No problem. I asked myself why were students driving around most of the campus finding parking when the Flint Center garage had plenty of parking? Are college students that stupid?

9:50am is a bad time to arrive on campus. I must wake up at 7:30am to get parking at Sterling. Flint Center is my backup garage.

I arrived on campus at 10am. I went to the library because I needed to charge my laptop. WiFi is not working. I relaxed, let my laptop charge, and wait for my Peachtree class at 10:30am.

Three feet from the entrance to the Learning Center building where my Peachtree class is, the fire alarm went off. The Cupertino fire department and De Anza police secured the building. I wasted 25 minutes. I completed Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 again at the computer lab. It looks like I'm going to complete the assignments at home and review the chapters at the computer lab. Completing the assignments on USB stick is too slow. I return to the lab on Wednesday to learn how to print and submit the homework.

In Acct 1B, the class took the first quiz. I got a 90%. I misread one question. The questions were easy. The hard part was spotting the trick questions. The lecture format includes doing the assigned homework. Every class I bring my textbook and homework.

I ate lunch at the Campus Center. Then I move my car from the Flint Center garage to the Sterling garage. The rest of the break before Payroll I browsed the web.

My Payroll instructor told the students she's is out of town on our first mid-term. A substitute instructor administer the mid-term. It's not a big deal because the mid-term is open book. We reviewed Chapter 1 and completed in class problems. After class, I helped a student photocopy Chapter 3 homework problems in the textbook. She has a 2008 textbook version. The reason she has an old version is to save money. She came from Japan three years ago and trying to find a job to attend San Jose State.

Tue Jan 12, 2010

Singing class was enjoyable on the second class meeting. The reason was I practiced singing using the drill sheet before class. Having a piano and knowing how to read the notes is a huge help. If I didn't know piano, then I drop the class this week. The class meeting I have a better idea how to use the Italian piano books to practice my singing. The instructor gave us an Italian translation guide I never knew was given last week. I take a look at the translations and apply to the recommended Italian songs to practice my singing.

Two tips I picked up in class. The first tip is to raise my voice when singing. Don't yell. The second tip is to sing from within my body. I don't know the body part. The instructor pointed to the front left and front right side of the body just above the belt.

Wed Jan 13, 2010

I arrived at 9:30am. I cut it close. There were some parking spaces. The cars were coming fast. I must arrive at campus before 9:30am.

My Peachtree instructor showed me the located of the printer. The computers at the lab are slow; however, internet connection is fast. I'm going to try working and printing the assignments at home and review and redo the assignments at the lab. I submit the work at home for grading. I'm going to be at campus in the morning. I might as well attend class.

In Acct 1B, we started Chapter 11. Some bitch took my seat I have been sitting since Acct 1A. There is a quiz on the next class meeting Wed Jan 20. Mon Jan 18 is a holiday and the campus is closed.

Dance class was better than last week. There were students who dropped out. More familiar faces from past dance classes attended. Yay! We continued to learn the West Coast Swing. The newbies and I improved from last week.

Update: Mon Jan 11 there was a suicide at the Flint Center parking garage. The garage was closed until 9am. That explains why Sterling garage was full and Flint Center was empty at 9:50am. It appears I can arrive at 10am and park on the top floor.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: