Thursday, January 21, 2010

De Anza Week Jan 18, 2010

Mon Jan 18, 2010

De Anza was closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. There is no makeup day for the missed class meetings. For my Payroll class, we lost the class meeting. The Saturday class miss no classes.

Tue Jan 19, 2010

Singing class was a little more than a half class meeting. The last 50 minutes were open to students with questions. I stayed during the 50 minutes thinking my song I sing for the mid-term.

Wed Jan 20, 2010

Bad day. Almost everything went wrong. Dance was the bright event of the day. More on the dance later.

First, the drive to De Anza took 35 minutes. What happened? The entire day rained. I pass by a junior high school. There were so many cars around the school on the rainy morning parents drove their kids to school. Traffic was backed up. If I am a parent, I'm impressed parents taking time to drive their kids to school instead of walking in the rain.

Second, I had to park on the third level of Sterling garage. There were plenty of parking spaces at 9:45am.

Third, I had problems running Peachtree in the computer lab. My desktop didn't read my memory stick on the USB ports on the flat panel. I checked the memory stick on my laptop. No problem. Then I realized there were USB ports in front of the desktop machine. The desktop machine is located below the tables. Damn. I inserted the memory stick in the desktop USB port. It worked. I wasted time troubleshooting my memory stick.

Fourth, I took my second quiz in Acct 1B. I did poorly. Some of the questions were hard to understand. Some students agreed with me. The instructor announced two bonus points are earned when students complete the chapter 11 homework at the end of class. She admitted the quiz was not a fair. Chapter 10 quiz was straightforward.

Fifth, I didn't have ten minutes to practice singing.

The bright event was dancing. We continued to learn the West Coast Swing. We learned new moves and added more to the chorography. I ask next class meeting if we're learning the Hammerlock.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: