Monday, January 18, 2010

My Parents Are Boring

Idiot moment. It took me 35 years to realize my parents have been boring. To be fair, they're not the worse parents. They're not the most boring parents of the year. They handle emergencies and crisis well. Consider yourself lucky if you're parents are not boring.

When did I realize my parents are boring? I realized when I thought about my overall life in Dec '09. My life was boring. I had my moments—too few moments and no epic moments. I could have more moments and experiences in the past. Unfortunately, I didn't. What held me back?

For example, vacations. My parents organized a vacation at Disneyland, Knott's Berryfarm, and Universal Studios each park once. Our last vacation was in 2003. We went to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon in Arizona, and San Diego. The reason for the vacation was two weddings. If there were no weddings, then no vacation. All other vacations were organized by other family members and my family piggy back off them.

Another example is friends. My parents have almost no friends. My mom has the friends between my parents. My dad has no friends. How can people survive without friends? My answer is I don't know. Nobody visit our house. Only family. I can't invite my friends to my house.

I believed my past life was my parent's life especially when I was a child and teen; in other words, I mirrored how they lived life. Today, I live a life with excitement, adventures, and seeking new experiences. I have lots to catch up. The boring life stops now.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: