Friday, February 12, 2010

De Anza Week Feb 8, 2010

Mon Feb 8, 2010

Great Super Bowl XLIV. Congrats to the Saints! I read Chap 14 for Financial Accounting afterwards. I felt like reviewing my dancing which I did after studying. I went to bed at 2am.

I couldn't wake up at 7:15am. Terrible. I got six hours of sleep when I worked at Cisco and while I was at San Jose State. I arrived at De Anza at 11:20am. Like the Saints gambling with the onside kick for the second half kickoff, I gambled parking at Stelling garage guessing there were no spaces. I guessed wrong. There were plenty of spaces.

I went to Peachtree for 50 minutes to work on Chap 9 due Wed. Then I went to Financial Accounting. The instructor delayed the Chap 14 quiz to Wed and the second mid-term to Wed Feb 17.

We're going really fast in Payroll class. Today's class meeting the instructor quickly reviewed the homework problems and gave us the answers for us to study. There was one student who arrived late. I scanned the Chap 3 notes and I email the student. The next class meeting is our second mid-term. It's open book.

Tue Feb 9, 2010

I sang with a classmate in front of the class for the mid term. The instructor lost her voice and she talked very little. It seemed the advanced students sang last and the beginners sang first. The instructor was kind to sit in the back and guide some students when they sang. She even helped my classmate and I. I hope her voice recovers soon. I don't know how she's going to teach with her sick voice.

There was one student who amazed the entire class, the instructor, and the piano player. She picked a fast song. The singer had to stop two times to request the piano player to play faster. After she finished singing, myself, some students, the instructor, and the piano player talked with her. It turned out the singer had prior lessons and participated in competitions. She had a great voice. And she sight read the song. Wow! Sight reading is a skill for at least the intermediate level.

I'm happy that I didn't have mucus going down my throat today. Last week I had difficulty singing.

Wed Feb 10, 2010

Last night was good. I slept at 1:30am. That's OK because I didn't sleep after 2am. I had a productive late night. I woke up at 7:45am. That's OK. I wanted to wake up at 7:15am. I had trouble sleeping. I estimate I slept around 2:15am. My total sleep time was 5.5 hours. That's good because I'm trying to reduce my sleep to 6-7 hours. I arrived at De Anza at 9:35am.

I got a 9 out of 10 on the Chap 14 quiz for Financial Acct. The first question was not clear cut. The mid-term is next Wed. The instructor announced the project. Three students per project. The good news is the project is problems from the book. The bad news is the project must be handwritten. No Word and no Excel. Huh?!? That handwritten requirement convinced me she's not a good instructor and I tell fellow accounting students to avoid her classes.

The beginning of dance class there was a major traffic jam. Students were coming in late. However, the class turnout was small again. What's happening? We started to learn the waltz. The instructor's grandmother is sick and she might be absent next Wed. A substitute takes over next Wed's class meeting.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: