Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Accutane Day 376


I received lots of information from my dermatologist. First, the common fact food such as pizza, potato chips, chocolate, and french fries doesn't cause acne is false. For almost everybody, these foods don't cause acne. For the few, yes, acne flares up eating these foods. Similarity, its being allergic to nuts. In short, it's all genetics.

Second, Accutane doesn't fully remove blackheads and whiteheads. He said I can squeeze the whiteheads on my nose. Interesting. I remember squeezing is bad. There is little improvement on the blackheads and whiteheads. I'm OK with blackheads on my cheeks. I hate whiteheads on my nose.

Third, my dermatologist determines when my treatment ends by the number of acne on the face and back. Anywhere else is disregarded. I got a pimple on my lower right leg and lower back. My dermatologist said the two pimples are not a factor. He said I got some kind of bacteria that caused the so-called pimples. He looked at the pimple on my lower right leg. It was not acne.

The third information leads me to good news. I had no acne on my face since my last appointment. My dermatologist changed my schedule. I take Accutane two times a week. I hope I don't get pimples on my face anymore. My next appointment is in August.

The bad news is got Eczema again. My dermatologist gave me samples of Cultivate for treatment. I stop taking Accutane for the rest of the week for my face to heal. Also, my skin on my forehead is pealing. I went to the gym on Sat Feb 6. My forehead was stinging and burning. My dermatologist looked at my forehead and said it's dry skin. I use Vanicream to treat the dry skin.

My dermatologist gave me Atralin for my blackhead and whiteheads. Atralin is a gel I apply on my cheeks for the blackheads and the whiteheads on my nose before I sleep.

If there is a major outbreak of Eczema and/or dry skin, I call for an emergency appointment.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: