Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Accutane Day 551


I visited my dermatologist yesterday for a follow up. I have been applying the ointment Atralin on my cheeks, nose, and a small area directly center at the upmost part of my forehead. The dermatologist said Atralin is working and my skin is in good health.

I informed my dermatologist I have been getting eczema on my right and left temples. The last outbreak happened on July 11. I applied Topicort instead of Cutivate. Cutivate was too weak. The Topicort treated the eczema in two to three days. She said if another outbreak happens, I use Cutivate first. My face is prone to sun and wind. I wear a hat when I go outdoors.

Topicort is an ointment to keep my glands small. The ointment doesn’t cure my blackheads and whiteheads. If I want both removed, I need laser surgery which my dermatologist doesn’t recommend. There are stronger dosages. My ointment dosage is mild. There are some people who take Topicort for a long time as maintenance to keep their pores in check.

My next appointment is Mon Aug 30. My dermatologist removes the cyst on my right side of my face on the bottom side of my cheeks. I cut the cyst in the middle of July while I shaved. Blood and an oily substance oozed out.

I get small spots of dermatitis on my hand when I wash dishes without dishwashing gloves. Otherwise, since I stopped taking Accutane, I don’t get dermatitis. Topicort removes my dermatitis between two to five days. I apply Vanicream when my hands feel dry.

One final note. Today there are more treatments for acne: over-the-counter medications, infomercials, prescribed creams and drugs, and laser surgery. There was much less acne treatments in 2005. I applied an ointment and a cream daily from 2005-2009. The topicals were Tazorac and Benzoyl Peroxide. The topicals kept my acne in check; although I occasionally got acne once a month. I made the correct choice to take Accutane. Accutane worked. I take Accutane once a week in addition to applying Topicort.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: