Monday, November 15, 2010

De Anza Week Nov 8, 2010

Mon Nov 8

We got our scores for the Intermediate Acct. mid-term. The professor said there’s no time for mid-term #2. It looks like we’re preparing for another final. (I mentioned the mid-term was like a final on Mon Nov 1’s blog entry.) The mid-term was graded on a curve. The students added 5% to their grade. My raw score was 86% resulting in a final score of 91%. The mid-term was hard and some students were disappointed.

The professor added the 5% curve because he wanted to compensate the students experiencing unfair and confusing questions. The curve was another example everyone is human. Teachers are human. They make mistakes. They’re not perfect. Students want good and perfect teachers. Good teachers exist. Perfect teachers don’t exist. I understand how some students were confused on some questions as I looked at the mid-term again. The hard mid-term was not perfect in terms of asking 100% fair questions.

In dance class, we spent more time practicing the Rumba for the Dance Demonstration. More dancers are getting the dance routine. We need more practice. I like the instructor’s way of free for all when we trade partners. Most students do trade partners. We are also learning the East Coast Swing and Fox Trot.

Tue Nov 9

It’s important to eat three meals a day. I had to eat breakfast at De Anza because I was running behind. The food tasted like cafeteria food. Yummy!

In Excel, we continued the M1 project. I finished my project last week. I don’t have to attend class on Thur. I worked on the second project which is the household budget.

Today’s Integrated Computer Acct was one of the better classes. We reviewed the homework most of the class. The last 15 minutes we separated into assigned groups for the group final project.

Wed Nov 10

One of the keys to success is to adjust. Throughout the quarter I have been adjusting how I learn from my Intermediate Acct professor’s lectures. Sometimes his lectures have nothing to do with the current chapter. Sometimes his lectures are confusing. Sometimes his lectures are hard to understand. There was a period I ignored his lectures and read the book. Ignoring his lectures was hard because they were so bad I couldn’t concentrate. Today, I adjusted again how I spend my time in class. I followed his lectures by listening to him and have my book open on the pages he lectured. I write anything important on the book. I don’t write anything on my notebook because his lectures are confusing and hard to understand I don’t know what to write. I didn’t review my lecture notes when I studied for the mid-term.

Thur Nov 11

I skipped Excel class because I completed the first project. Students who completed the first project were excused from class today.

We turned in the Hilton project in Excel. The Hilton project was doing accounting 100% by hand written on pencil. The Hilton project in Excel transfers the trial balance and the financial statements in Excel. We continued with the group project during the last 15 minutes.

The movie for the week is Some Like It Hot. Last week’s movie was Yankee Doodle Dandy.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: