Sunday, November 07, 2010

De Anza Week Nov 1, 2010

Mon Nov 1

We took the first mid-term for Intermediate Acct. I approached the mid-term like a final, similar to the San Francisco Giants defeating the Philadelphia Phillies on Game 6. Manager Bruce Bochy wanted to end the National League Championship Series on Game 6 and avoid playing Game 7. The mid-term could be thought of as a final plus a mid-term. The final portion was a review of Financial Acct 1A and a little of 1B including journal entries, closing entries, inventories, and financial statements. The mid-term portion was new concepts how to recognize revenue using the percentage completion and the complete contract method.

The entire class was surprised when the professor said the mid-term was all multiple choice. There was no short answer.

Tue Nov 2

Control what you can control. Don’t control what you can’t control. There are some instructors who intentionally write difficult mid-terms. The Integrated Computer Acct. mid-term consisted of 55 multiple choice questions and short answers. The class had 45 minutes to complete the mid-term. Almost impossible. We completed the mid-term 10-15 minutes after class was supposed to be over. Many students were unhappy with their performance. Don’t worry about it. The instructor intentionally gave us little time to finish a full mid-term. I fail to understand why the instructor gave us 45 minutes?

Wed Nov 3

One sign of immature people is they taking frustrations out on others. Don’t blame it on me. It wasn’t my fault, and sometimes it wasn’t your fault so why take it out on me. I used to be that person a long time ago. I hated myself for that. I take responsibility for my actions. I have no reason to express my anger and frustrations towards other people. It’s rude, I act like a jerk, and I feel no better letting it out towards others.

Today was another example of a person taking their frustrations out on others. The professor told the class he kicked a student out of his other class for cheating. He wasn’t himself. The lecture disengaged from him and the students. It was a bad day for the professor.

Thur Nov 4

The smartest and best successful people want support teams who think. They don’t want people who follow. They want thinkers. There is always a better way.

My Integrated Computer Acct. teacher continuously say to follow directions. She believes people are fired from their jobs by failing to follow directions. I disagree. People are fired because they’re not a team worker. Companies want thinkers who innovate continuously. If I followed her advice how to be a good worker, I’m going to be fired. When I worked at Cisco, Cisco wanted thinkers, not followers.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: