Thursday, March 17, 2011

De Anza Week Mar 14, 2011

Mon Mar 14

I went to an urgent care clinic last Saturday. The doctor said I have a sinus infection. He prescribed an antibiotic and told me to take Mucinix D and saline solution for my nasal passageways. I went back to school today feeling much better because I actually went to sleep. My coughing and post nasal drip were under control.

My classmates in Intermediate Acct said I missed little. The professor didn’t pass out the student attendance checklist last week. Lucky! The professor takes into account attendance when he determines final grades. He lectured chapter 19 which is the last chapter. He didn’t have time to talk about chapter 17. I noticed there were lots of empty seats today. I wonder if students were sick or they dropped out.

I was curious what was behind the second exit door in the small lecture room for Intro to Business. I open the door on Wed. The instructor said the final is on Mon, the last day of class. I liked it. My priority is Intermediate Acct. I don’t care what grade I get in Intro to Business. The class is a lost cause to get an A. I prepare for the final just enough to pass. Missing last Wed’s class didn’t hurt me because I satisfied two mid-term grades. The instructor drops the lowest of the three mid-terms. My homework grades are in the mid 80% range. I missed two classes which affects my attendance grade. The extra credit I earned is not enough to raise my grade to an A.

I skipped Mon’s dance class that I have been skipping for weeks. I was sleepy I immediately went to bed when I arrived home.

Tue Mar 15

The Quickbooks mid-term is next week. The instructor told us what to study. And the instructor assigned the take home mid-term. I start working on the take home during spring vacation. Everything is going well in class. My numbers match the textbook.

Wed Mar 16

I wanted more sleep. I was half awake throughout the day. I had a quick breakfast and I shaved quickly. I rushed out of the house making sure I brought my dance shoes and a dress shirt for tonight’s Dance Demo and my De Anza and San Jose State transcripts to be reviewed with my counselor.

Intermediate Acct was a half day. The professor finished Chapter 19. Then he discussed the final. The final is Chapters 16, 18, and 19 only. It’s not cumulative. What a relief. The professor gives us a sample final on Mon. I talked to two of my classmates after class. We talked about accounting and jobs. We may get together during finals week for a study group. Intermediate Acct is my priority class for finals.

I opened the second exit door in the lecture room where I take Intro to Business. It looks like a service entrance like a shopping mall. I almost went to sleep during today’s lecture. I’m happy today is the last day he lectures. He’s boring! We reviewed the final which is cumulative. 40% new material and 60% old material. I think I can manage a C grade. I know most of the new material since they’re investments and accounting. Tomorrow I complete the last homework assignment and check my extra credit. I email the instructor for missing extra credit.

I scheduled an appointment with my counselor after my classes. I met her in a past dance class. She reviewed my transcripts and helped me complete the forms for my AA degree. I must go back to school tomorrow to drop off a sealed San Jose State transcript for Admissions & Records to review. My counselor said even some of the staff have been sick this quarter when we small talk how many people around campus seemed fatigue.

I ate a burger, fries, and soda in the cafeteria for my late lunch. I continued to stay awake. I was happy there was a soccer game on the flat screen.

Finally, the Dance Demo. I switched shirts from my purple shirt to a dress green shirt. My class did our West Coast Swing. Most of the students were afraid because only three couples including myself were the front row. I was brave. To be honest, I didn’t want to dance tonight. I just couldn’t concentrate. I did it, and I was at the first row. The instructor did a West Coast Swing dance with her partner after our class danced.

I took it easy tonight. I watch A Streetcar Named Desire Thursday morning and then I drive to De Anza to drop off the movie in the library and the transcripts in the counseling center.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: