Monday, August 13, 2018

Grading My Past Years

I wrote three blogs sharing my moments from my past years 1998-2015, 2016, and 2017. I assign a letter grade for each year. Some may say I have a good life because I have good moments. I correct everyone. I had good years. I had bad years. My life has been a roller coaster life highs and lows like most people. Nothing is perfect. There are bad years in sports, entertainment, and business. There are award winners in bad years.

1998 (Grade: B): I got my first full-time job after I graduated college. I self-taught Microsoft Access strengthened my resume. One of my two weekend vacations was my first time experiencing freedom.

1999 (A): Microsoft Access helped me get a better job. I attended the biggest anime convention Anime Expo for the first time. I experienced life going my way for the first time. The flow felt good.

2000 (D): The Y2K problem never happened. On the other hand, the stock market crashed. Innovate Infinitely was created. Life didn't go my way. There was no flow.

2001 (B-): A roller coaster good year with good moments and bad moments. Anime Expo was at Long Beach, CA. I watched a Golden State Warriors basketball game at courtside. 9/11 changed the world forever.

2002 (B-): A roller coaster bad year with good moments and bad moments. The months Sep-Dec were good including my boss fired, shopping on eBay for the first time, and a Thanksgiving SoCal trip.

2003 (B): Good anime conventions after bad anime conventions in 2002. Back-to-back wedding vacations in SoCal gave my family a road trip vacation which included Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. I failed to meet new people and make new friends.

2004 (A): If the only bad moments were two anime conventions, then I had a good year. I wore a costume at an anime convention for the first time. I created my own webpage Innovate Infinitely. I visited Las Vegas. Curses are meant to be broken. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series.

2005 (A+): I visited Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia, Canada for the first time. I purchased my first laptop. The entire 2005 was like 1999. Life flowed my way from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

2006 (A): The 2005 flow continued in 2006. I learned meeting new people and making new friends are important in life. People come and go in our lives for which I learned the lesson the hard way. I had a fun two day local business trip in San Francisco.

2007 (F): I found a new job at Cisco. I had opportunities to make life changes which could have affected the rest of my life. I was given all the tools and all the opportunities on a silver platter. I messed up. I took life for granted saying anything bad is not going to affect me. I was naive. Most of the bad affected me later. I'm still paying for my mistakes today.

2008 (B): 2007 continued in 2008 ending on Fri Oct 3. My life changed forever on Sat Oct 4 when I realized I must grow up. The changes paid off immediately: new clothes, read fiction books, built a new desktop PC, new mattress, new gym workouts, and a soul-searching Washington Canada vacation in Nov. I was a beginner again.

2009 (A+): The growing up continued correcting my mistakes, catching up what I missed, and learning what I should have learned earlier in my life. I continued being a beginner again. Some of the events included taking ballroom dancing lessons, going back to school attending De Anza College, hiking, and playing Mahjong for the second time.

2010 (A): I experienced what's like being a full-time college student again: taking classes, meeting new people, making new friends, experiencing new experiences, and seeking new adventures. One mistake was I didn't job search. There was a chance I find a full-time job during the Great Recession. I knew people who found jobs. If I didn't find a job, then I find additional job skills I needed to learn outside the classroom.

2011 (A): I graduated De Anza College with a AA degree in Accounting; however, the job market continued to be tough from The Great Recession. I maximized my free time experiencing new experiences and seeking new adventures for the second year in a row.

2012 (B+): Lots of job interviews. No hires. Job market was tough. I had too much fun for which I should have spent time learning new job skills and reviewing existing job skills like I did in 1998 self-teaching Microsoft Access.

2013 (C): I learned new job skills and reviewed existing job skills incorrectly using Accountemps. Avoid Accountemps' online courses. I got a job at a retail start-up.

2014 (C): I retired being an anime fan. I learned new job skills and reviewed existing job skills correctly watching YouTube tutorial videos. I listened to Podcasts for the first time. I got sick for six weeks between May and Jun. I went back to a white-collar job.

2015 (A): I experienced new feelings being a professional mature adult. Also, I experienced new feelings sacrificing, nothing to lose, going out of my comfort zone, willpower, and not giving up. There were first time experiences including watching a live Major League Soccer game, visiting Zion National Park, and training for natural disasters. I lost ten pounds.

2016 (F): Life flowed against me. There was no control over my life. Bad luck. Bad timing. Misfortunes. Anything bad which could happen happened. Too much frustrations. I redesigned my own webpage Innovate Infinitely using JavaScript and CSS.

2017 (D): O'Connor Hospital prevented 2017 getting an F. I was an inpatient for the first time because I had Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography and Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy surgeries. I was diagnosed with Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis. I lost 18 pounds. Job searching continued. Job training continued.

Here are the links for my complete yearly moments 1998-2017: 1998-2015, 2016, and 2017.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: