Saturday, August 11, 2018

Instant Bullets Blog Aug 11, 2018

*Curse Of Colonel Sanders. The Japanese baseball team Hanshin Tigers won the 1985 Japan Series equivalent to the North America World Series for the first time in franchise history. Tigers fans tossed a Colonel Sanders statue in the Dotonbori River. The Tigers posted one winning season from 1986-2004. The team returned to the Japan Series in 2005 losing to the Chiba Lotte Marines. The statue was recovered in 2009. The Tigers has been posting winning record seasons thereafter. Source: Have the NPB's Hanshin Tigers been cursed by the ghost of a fast food statue?

*A Life Wisdom. A rising tide raises all boats.

*Pet Overpopulation. Perhaps we are seeing a precursor in the human population. Earth is overcrowded. Anyone who denies overpopulation fails to see the big world. The future is too many humans. There are limited spaces in pet shelters; moreover, pets are euthanized when time is up. There is limited land for residences.

*Simple. Too Simple? Change yourself if you don't like yourself. I was quiet, worrying too much, shy, having too much fun, and taking life for granted when I was a child. I'm none of the above today. I have good communication skills. I meet new people. I learn new skills. I earn my freedom. In addition, I never thought I learn programming. I'm learning Python. I never thought I read fiction books. I learn more about life reading fiction books than non-fiction books. The choice to change is simple. How to change is hard.

Another thought. Maybe a person can't change because of his or her brain. Our brain controls who we are, what we do it, why we do it, and how we do it. There is brain damage prohibiting a person to change.

*The Gambler By Kenny Rogers. The poker lesson applies to some board games which scores using the point system. There are some life situations when you need to quit.

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser

*Young At 30 And Stupid. I was young and stupid at 30 years old. I feel 30 year olds today are more stupid than I was. Maybe the 30 year olds today have weak motivation. They take more life for granted. The world is more complex today than compared to my 30s.

*A Life Lesson Following Sports. Matchups is the lesson. Coaches match up their players against their opponents to maximize their chances to win. The matchups include plays, schemes, and in-game adjustments. Likewise best matchups apply to life. For example, the best hire for a new job, the best spouse in a marriage, the best city to live, the best meal for an occasion, the best marketing materials for a presentation, and the best clothing for an event.

*Overprotective. Is it me or are we overprotective? There is too much fear. There is too much worrying. Too politically correct. We have the mindset everything we say is subject to misinterpretation. We fail to think the true context in our communication. We interpret bad communication politically incorrect.

*I understand when a person says his or her lover keeps the bed warm. The meaning is the couple gets along. The two people are a match. The relationship is strong. In contrast, a couple with a weak relationship sleeps together in a cold bed. It's difficult to sleep with a person who can't get along with the other person.

*Murphy's Laws. If anything can go wrong, it will. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. Enough research will tend to support whatever theory. There are more laws such as love, tech, cop, and nurses. Direct link to Murphy's Laws.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: