Saturday, February 20, 2021

A One Of Many Experiences Good Company With Bad Management

I was in my mid 20s when I worked at my second company after graduating from San Jose State University. The second commercial real estate company was better than my first commercial real estate company. The second company ranked in the top three from the late 1990s to early 2000s. 2000 was the only year it ranked number one.

Why was the second commercial real estate company never ranked number one consistently? I thought back. I connected the dots. I should have realized the answer was bad management. I was young. I was stupid. I should have seen the signs when there was a time period many corporate staff leaving the company. I should have searched for another job. The CEO resigned. The CFO wasn't a good long-term temporary CEO. The company never hired a new CEO afterwards during my employment. The HR director was fired. The Vice President of IT was ineffective. He and the IT manager were forced to resign as scapegoats. On the other hand, the brokers were professionals. I experienced zero problems with all brokers.

There are no such thing as bad companies. It's bad management ruining good companies.

Update On A Past Blog

The Reason I'm Never Bored Is People must be corrected. I wrote the blog on Jan 16, 2013 saying people are important in life. On the other hand, what if the people are making you bored. The people are wasting your time. The people don't help you. You might as well take your chances being alone. Time to say good-bye. You're not bored being alone; you're exciting alone. Don't disrespect yourself. You help yourself. You have freedom being alone. There are new circles of friends to be found. Time is the ultimate judge. There is a chance time passes you're back with the friends you said good-bye. The carnival comes and goes. There is a chance if you wait for a while, the carnival comes back.

No comments: