Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Reason I'm Never Bored Is People

It's difficult for me to be bored. There is always something to occupy my time. The only time I lie down on my bed staring at the ceiling is when I'm sick or I need a nap. I check email, log on to my social networks, job search, and read the latest news online. I cook, vacuum, do laundry, or clean the dishes for my house work. Errands, going to the gym, hiking, and grocery shopping are the best examples when I'm outside the house. My indoor leisure activities include reading, listening to music, and playing video games.

It's people occupying my time when I'm not doing something. I'm with people when I'm offline, completed my housework, and taking a break from my solo activities. I have people in my life because I want to avoid being bored. I spend at least three days a week going out, socializing, and doing activities. I believe a good life is being by yourself and being with people. There are times you want a few hours by yourself and there are times you want a few hours with people. We must devote time ourselves with or without people to achieve, at the minimum, an 80% and 20% or 20% and 80% balance, respectively. I live at home. I communicate with my parents. I see my girlfriend and friends when I'm going out. There are times my family and I visit other relatives or do a family activity outdoors.

We're humans. We need human connections. We need to communicate. I must live life with noise, talking, and listening while other people are talking. When I hear people say they're bored, I think they need to meet new people.

No comments: