Saturday, January 26, 2013

An Extremely Great And Terrible Week

I want to blog the week of Jan 21 to remind me how my life went and to remind me to expect more similar weeks in the future. The active week was extremely great and extremely terrible. There were no activities, moments, and accomplishments in between. I share in bullet format. Here they are,

*I continued taking online classes to learn new job knowledge and refresh my job skills. The classes are Business Analysis and Excel. I completed one or two class daily.

*The week was productive because I cooked once this week on Sat Jan 26. I cooked enough food on Sun Jan 20 good for two days. That allowed me more time away from the kitchen.

*The downside was terrible tasting food. My mom cooked in the laziness and easiest way possible. Her opinion on cooking is "food is food". There were many days we ate leftovers because she cooked too much food. The food I cooked on Sun Jan 20 still had decent taste.

*The workouts this week were subpar. I went to the gym on Mon Jan 21, Thur Jan 24, and Sat Jan 26. I could have been disappointed if I went to the gym for two days. Two of the three days my workouts were incomplete; for example, I ran on the treadmill and biked on the stationary bike a total of 45 minutes for which my normal workout was 60 minutes.

*I accomplished all my errands on Tue Jan 22. The places included going to the bank and shopping for groceries.

*I like cold weather. The week's nighttime temperatures ranged from the low 30s to upper 40s. I had trouble sleeping because of the inconsistent temperatures. Also, my parents kept the heater on throughout the night between Mon Jan 21 and Wed Jan 23 because my dad continues to recover from the flu.

*All my emails were caught up.

*My parents continue to lecture me about getting a job. In particular, my mom pestered me about applying at Ross.

*Speaking of jobs, I sent zero resumes to contracting and consulting firms. On the other hand, I sent five resumes to permanent jobs directly at the company's career website.

*We have too many oranges in the house. I ate more oranges this week to avoid throwing them away due to spoilage. My tongue was sore because I have minor sensitivity to citrus fruit. I can't eat too much cirrus fruit in too short amount of time. I skipped eating all fruits on Wed Jan 23 and Thur Jan 24.

*I successfully registered for Fanime Con on Thur Jan 24. The website was bombarded with many people registering. I spent more than the required time to register for a convention.

*Computers generate heat. I should stop my online classes and turn off my computer at 7pm to lower my room's temperatures when I go to sleep.

*I finished watching Breaking Bad Season 1 because I didn't get enough sleep to workout at the gym on Thurs Jan 24.

*The next TV show I watch is Burn Notice Season 1. I'm currently on episode 4.

*I had a phone interview for a position I applied last week on Fri Jan 25.

*The guys and I ate at Dairy Queen. I believe I ate at Dairy Queen when I was a kid. I believe one of the guys didn't want to eat at Dairy Queen. I make a note the next time we choose where to eat.

*The afternoon of Sat Jan 26 was all business. I edited my cover letter because of the Business Analysis online classes. The concepts and knowledge gave me new input. The next activity was browsing Salesforce.com software. I plan to start taking their free online introductions next week.

No comments: