Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Life Is Good With Chicken Fried Rice And Broccoli Beef

I ate a midnight snack late night on Sun Jan 27. I felt tired, desponded, and unfocused. There was a moment when I looked at my Chinese leftovers. I was reminded life is really not that bad.

I'm going to break one of my daily life rules for today's blog. The rule is, "Don't compare myself with others". I never compare myself with others. I don't compare myself on being rich or poor, smart or stupid, fat or skinny, beautiful or ugly, big collection or small collection of DVDs, healthy or sick, single or married, glamour or ordinary, etc. I look at myself and I find ways to be better physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. I compare myself today with myself yesterday. I do my best to change and to improve for the better.

Anyways, comparing myself with others, my life is really good. I'm unemployed and live with my parents. On other hand, I live rent free in a house. I spend my weekdays job searching and taking online classes. I don't sit around and do nothing. It's easy for me to do nothing such as play video games, watch television, and neglect cooking and household chores. I have an active life being with friends and working out at the gym. I seek new adventures and experience new experiences. There is always something to do every minute in my life. I don't have to worry about raising a family since I don't have an income to support a family. I earned a Bachelors of Science and an Associates of Art college degrees. I continue to learn and re-learn job skills and knowledge.

Life could be worse being unemployed, in poverty, and dependent on government assistance. Life could be worse being chronically sick, have a lack of education, and no computer. Life could be worse without a car, without friends, without family, and without cooking skills. Life can be better. Life is going to be better. I live in my own residence, make new friends, play more board games, read more books, and visit new places. I compare myself in the future with today. Time will tell what I do today makes a difference tomorrow, and the future tells me what I do today is the correct choice.

Looking at the chicken fried rice and broccoli beef reminded me to continue with my life. Continue searching for a job. Continue learning and re-learning for my next job and my future career. Continue to be a better person. Learn more about living life. Improve my social skills. Get stronger, smarter, and wiser. My frustrations, mistakes, and struggles are part of living. If I stopped continuing, moving, and doing, then I should stop living.

No comments: