Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Are You Being You Character Check

"Bud, I like you. Just remember something. Man looks in the abyss. There's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character, and that is what keeps him out of the abyss." --Lou Mannheim, Wall Street

I thought of the quote above from one of my all-time favorite movies when I thought about character. People's character change. Your character changes. My character changes. If you don't want your character to change, then life finds a way to change your character. Acting new. Behaving differently. Feeling strange. The moment is uncomfortable. Discovering a new personality. Your character may be changing.

New experiences. New moments. New feelings. They can change character. Make new friends with a changed character. Make new enemies with a changed character. Relationships can be closer. Relationships can be stronger. Relationships can be broken.

It's you. Out with the old. In with the new. Grow up. Time to be mature. Welcome the new you. Close a chapter. Open a new chapter. It's life. Be honest. Take responsibility for your own actions. Own up to your faults. Credit people who assist you.

Here are three of my favorite quotes from Top Ten Favorite Quotes written on Dec 30, 2015:

9. You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. --Winston Churchill

8. You can choose comfort or you can choose courage, but you cannot have both. --Theodore Roosevelt

7a. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. --Abraham Lincoln

Here are two of my favorite quotes from Top Ten Favorite Quotes 2 written on Mar 9, 2017:

5. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

1. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends it'll get you the right ones. --John Lennon

Update On A Past Blog

I dreamed last night my sister and her boyfriend no longer in a relationship are engaged to be married. The ex-boyfriend was an idiot, a loser, and a nobody. My sister cried when she told the family of the engagement. I questioned the engagement because she was crying. I asked the reason why marriage. No answer.

Why does a somebody marry a nobody? The somebody marrying a nobody to prevent being lonely is a bad reason to marry. The nobody reminded me of my 40th moment in Top 40 Most Memorable Moments written on Sep 27, 2016. Here is the exact wording: 40. My Boss Was Fired (Sep 2002). Officially, she found another job. Unofficially, she was fired. The reasons were incompetence and doing nothing. Lesson learned: have nothing, do nothing, get nothing, be nothing, and people treat you like nothing. Never be a nobody.

Moreover, a nobody can marry a nobody. However, if one of the nobodies become a somebody, then the marriage is in question.

No comments: