Sunday, January 08, 2023

Life Wisdom From A Laptop Key Replacement Mistake

I made a mistake. I purchased the wrong Page Up key which is the pg up key for my HP Spectre x360 15 laptop. Replacing a broken laptop key is like replacing an air filter, a battery, an oil filter, spark plugs, windshield wipers, and breaks for an automobile. Different automobiles. Different parts. Different laptops. Different parts. In particular, different parts for different Camrys even though Camrys are made by Toyota.

I found out there are different models for the HP Spectre x360 15s. Different parts for different models. Different replacement keys. I thought the HP Spectre x360 brand the keys are the same. Incorrect. Not all keys are the same type. The mistake cost me $9.83. I remember the lesson learned at a cheap price. I remember one of the first questions asked for parts is, "Are there different parts for different models?"

There are online vendors selling laptop replacement keys. There are three websites: Replacement Laptop Keys, QuickFix Laptop Keys, and Laptop Key.

No comments: