Saturday, February 11, 2023

Top Ten Plus One Equals Top Eleven Life Changes Since The COVID-19 Global Pandemic

Everyone's life changed when the COVID-19 virus affected the world. The State Of California issued shelter in-place (SIP) orders on Tue Mar 17, 2020. California reopened on Tue Jun 15, 2021 totaling 455 days. One permanent change is trying new restaurants to support local restaurants using the Federal Government stimulus money. I begin tipping take-out orders. Anyone's guess is a good guess what the professional workplace environment post-pandemic. There are too many opinions and too many forecasts.

A long-term temporary change is coming out of video game retirement. I take advantage of additional free time playing classic video games on my Steam account. I finished Final Fantasy VI, VII, and VIII, and Call Of Duty: World At War. I'm currently playing Left 4 Dead 2.

Here are the top ten plus one equals top eleven life changes since the COVID-19 global pandemic permanently or temporary:

11. Reread Harry Potter. I started reading Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling in Sep 2019. I finished in Mar 2020. The pandemic closed libraries where I buy used books. I reread two more times. The third time I read backwards from Year 7 to Year 1. The series is too good.

Rereading Harry Potter may be permanent. There are some die-hard Potterheads who read the seven books once a year as a tradition.

10. Cooking Changes. I add cooking one less cup of rice per cooking on the rice cooker. I also bake more and broil less.

9. Morning Errands. There are less customers in stores during the mornings. I prioritize errands in the mornings instead of afternoons.

8. Windows Closed. I close the windows when the house is comfortable regardless of weather conditions. I open the windows when necessarily. I minimize outdoor debris. I turn on my desk fan on days windows must be closed to circulate the stagnant air; in particular, in Aug 2020 when CA experienced statewide wildfires resulting in unhealthy air.

7. Reduce Fruits And Vegetables. The common knowledge people should eat five servings of fruits and vegetables doesn't apply to my body. I reduce my fruit and vegetable consumption by 25%. Less stomach aches.

6. Set Home Air-Conditioner To 78 Degrees. I set the thermostat to 78 in the morning for a forecasted hot day. Also, we stop using the Patton fan to circulate the air from downstairs to upstairs because the additional costs outweigh the circulation benefits.

5. Reduce Laundry. I wear dark color clothes more often than light color clothes. Also, I temporary stop working out at the gym. I don't wash my gym towels.

4. Reduce Shaving. I shave two times a week instead of three times a week with cold water instead of warm water.

3. Reduce Shopping For Bottle Water. I broil tap water on the stove for drinking water. I don't buy the one-gallon Crystal Geyser bottle water at the stores.

2. Physical Training. I work out at home. My strength training is a 45 pound plate, 25 pound plate, and a set of adjustable dumbbells 5 pounds to 50 pounds each. My cardio workouts are the stationary cycle at home and jogging around the neighborhood. Core training is added to my strength training workouts.

1. Job Training. I mention the new job training schedule even though it started in Jan 2021. Two week schedule rotation. One week is a set of job skills. The second week is another set of job skills. Job reviewing is included. Excel, Python, Linux, dashboards, data analysis, and drilling Sublime Text are included. There is too much to learn. Take it one day at a time.

Update On A Past Blog

The professor in my Philosophy 10 Introduction To Philosophy class asked all students to write one question on a piece of paper to be submitted in five minutes on the last day of class. No restrictions. The professor selected questions he answered to the class. It was the 1990s version of AMA or Ask Me Anything.

The write one question is one of my Tell Me You Games I wrote on Dec 22, 2014. The blog is suggested social games encouraging people to communicate and to open up.

No comments: