Thursday, February 23, 2023

Top Ten Plus Three Equals Top Thirteen Dumbest Blogs I Wrote

There are dumb criminals. There are dumb laws. There are dumb politicians, athletes, educators, managers, and executives. There are dumb *fill in the blank*. There are dumb blogs I wrote. I spent three hours selecting my dumbest blogs with 98% confidence. I selected intuitively. I scanned fast. I forgive myself for the dumb blogs.

The following blogs are excluded in no particular order: throwback, shelter in-place COVID-19, a second look, pictures, Tweets, Black Friday, many anime, year in review, Accutane treatment, De Anza College, gas analysis, past comic strips, instant bullets, and green steno notebook. I also exclude blogs written in 2022 because I read them again for A Second Look 2022 written in Dec 2023. Here are the top ten plus three equals top thirteen dumbest blogs I wrote.

13. Why Finding Nemo Is The Best Disney Movie (Sep 19, 2006). An example I can change my opinion. Waking up at the end of the movie because I was falling asleep is not a good reason to be an all-time favorite. Also, learning "just keep swimming" life lesson is not a good reason to be an all-time favorite. Inside Out is better than Finding Nemo. UP! is my all-time favorite Disney Pixar movie.

12. Philosophy 98: Innovating Life (Mar 12, 2006). The blog was a dream teaching the philosophy class at De Anza College. My required textbooks were Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Students earned a minimum C grade by attending all classes. Minimal homework assignments. I dreamed for the second time teaching Philosophy 98 replacing the Carnegie book with Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

11. An Inspiring CEO (Dec 3, 2007). I wrote 14 tips to become a successful CEO or executive. Some of the tips include learn how to cook, throw away junk, patience is a virtue, and earn it. They're all correct for a person lost in life. They're all wrong for a CEO.

10. Meet People On Craigslist (May 16, 2008). It was correct you can meet people giving away free items. You were unlikely going to make new friends.

9. A Zero Cost Date (Mar 30, 2009). Disregard the zero cost date suggestion watching airplanes arrive and depart from an airport. Walk around anywhere is better.

8. Myself and Many Others' Crystal Reports Catch 22 (Apr 18, 2012). The dumbest part of the blog is I reviewed and relearned Crystal Reports in 2012.

7. No Resume Sig, Smile Investment, and Visiting Lisa (Oct 6, 2006). The dumbest part of the blog is my blog signature said I didn't need a resume because I innovate infinitely. The signature was removed on Oct 6, 2006.

6. Hate Your Job? Prepare By Writing The Resignation Letter (Mar 7, 2006). I cheered myself up by writing a resignation letter. The happiness was temporarily short. I should have searched for a job. I should have learned new job skills. The searching and the learning are actions to earn happiness.

5. Board and Can’t Quit Your Job? Try A New Work Schedule (Dec 2, 2005). Another happiness was temporarily short. I worked flexible hours months later without management complaining. Personal lesson learned. A sign my job was boring I made up my own flexible hours. I can't quit my job is 100% wrong. Anyone can quit a job anytime.

4. Caught Up For Real (Apr 7, 2013). I wrote blogs detailing what I accomplished daily and weekly or wrote bullshit blogs in 2013. The Caught Up For Real blog is an example. The primary reason I wrote bullshit blogs was to increase my blog count.

3. My 30s Is Like Developing A Baseball Player (Oct 1, 2012). I wrote a life timeline from 2004 to 2012 like a professional baseball player starting at single-A ball. Silly.

2. I'm Doing The Best I Can, Really III (May 3, 2017). I wrote three I'm Doing The Best I Can blogs. The previous two were I'm Doing The Best I Can, Really on Oct 8, 2012 and I'm Doing The Best I Can, Really II on Apr 6, 2016. The three blogs were pity blogs trying to cheer myself up. Stop wasting time. Get to work on myself.

1. The Three C's And A P And Two More P's: Choices, Consistency, Control, Proactive, Professional, Personal Responsibility (Jan 3, 2018). The number one dumbest blogs makes the remaining twelve blogs half intelligent. Thanks goodness I didn't say the three c's and three p's in a job interview. The interviewers thought I'm selling a fad. Silly. Stupid. Unprofessional.

No comments: