Sunday, April 07, 2013

Caught Up For Real

I devoted Sat Mar 30 to Wed Apr 3 to catch up on my life. The five days also included improving my life and getting back to past life habits. I took a break from job searching and online classes. The catch up was like I have no homework for a three day weekend. Here was what I completed:

*Communication On The Web. I caught up on emails, blogging, and Twitter.

*Monthly Routines. I cleaned the washer with bleach, changed my bed sheets, and backed up my computer files. I vacuumed the house and cleaned the kitchen floor. I emptied the vacuum container and cleaned the vacuum filter.

*Improving My Life And Around Me. I purchased a mop to clean the kitchen floors. I forgot the last time the kitchen floor was cleaned. I also purchased a Brita water pitcher and filters to stop buying water from the grocery stores. The one gallon containers were one less clutter in the house. And I sharpened the scissors.

*The New Things In My Life. I used the Razor Renew, a leather and suede strip, to re-sharpen razor blades. It works. I started sleeping on 500 thread count bed sheets I received from Christmas 2012. And I transferred my 2002-2006 photos from their individual photo packs to a photo album. I have more room in my dresser.

*Safety Checks On Time Changes. Daylight Savings Time started on Sun Mar 10. I checked the home first aid kit for expiration dates on medications. I also checked smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and flashlight batteries.

*Television Entertainment. I finished watching The Big Bang Theory Season 1. I watched Taken 2 and Gone With The Wind movies. And I caught up with Space Brothers and finished Kotoura-san and Shinsekai Yori anime series in a marathon format.

*Music Entertainment. I added more songs to my mp3 player I listen at the gym. Most of the songs were from the Les Miserables musical.

*Get Back. I started cooking with the George Foreman grill after a long hiatus. The grill is back as another way to cook meals for the family.

*Household Errands. Washed dishes, completed laundry, and took out the trash.

*A Personal Note On Working Out. I experienced back pain on my upper right and shoulder blade on Sun Mar 10. My workouts were cardio between Mon Mar 11 and Sat Mar 23. I temporarily stopped working out on Sun Mar 24 to today.

I look forward to return to the gym starting on Thur Apr 11. I feel my rest is completed. It's time to do it starting off with stronger and more courageous workouts include running and a little heavier lifting. However, I keep my back pain in my mind since this is the first time I experience the back pain injury, recovery, and returning back to the gym. I don't know how I turn out.

*Worth Mentioning. I finished reading The Time Machine by H.G. Wells on Fri Mar 29.

The keys completing and catching up on the above were staying focus, making an effort, prioritize & reprioritize, and timing. These factors are important to live life daily. We make adjustments given the timing and situation. Focus is important to complete the present task in front of you. Concentrate and avoid distractions.

I look forward to resume my job search and completing my online classes--my weekday schedule. I must take on less activities and responsibilities since finding a job is top priority.

No comments: