Monday, April 01, 2013

Top Ten April Moments

Today's is not April Fool's Day for today's blog. April is cool for me. The first day of spring is March 21; however, my spring begins later. It's a good spring from these moments below. My spring is great when the weather is cooler than normal because I sweat and tan much easier than an average human. We should start getting more active outdoors. Smell the flowers, see the leaves from the trees grow, bring out the t-shirts and shorts, hear the birds cheep, and enjoy the walking or hiking which is number two in my top ten. On the other hand, being indoors is cool, too, as long as we are out of the house. Here are my top ten:

10. RISK Legacy Board Game (2012). I won my first RISK board game. It happened to be RISK Legacy.

9. Karaoke (2011). I was invited to sing karaoke with a group of friends. I had fun singing Beatles songs.

8. Fanime April Fool's Gathering (2006). I attended a Fanime forum gathering on April Fool's Day to celebrate a person's birthday at Kelly Park in San Jose. I'm still friends with some of them.

7. My First Girlfriend (1991). I met my first girlfriend in high school. I was a junior and she was a freshmen.

6. Barry Bonds Hit Home Runs (2002). My dad, brother, sister in-law, and I attended a San Francisco Giants game. Bonds' two home runs went into McCovey Cove in the Giants 2002 National League Champions season.

5. San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival (2006, 2008, 2010). The anime and video game cosplayers have a section and float in the main parade. 2006 was my first festival I participated. I appeared on the Japan Video's cosplay photo board in 2008 cosplaying Toushiro Hitsugaya from Bleach. And I upgraded my Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist cosplay wearing leather pants in 2010. I was approached from a group of Japanese foreigners who wanted a group picture with me. I appeared on Japan Video's cosplay photo board for a second time.

I walked in the parade from 2006-2011.

4. De Anza College (2009). I attended De Anza College during the Spring quarter for the first time taking Strength Development and Social Dancing classes. I started taking Accounting classes in Fall 2009.

3. Crystal Reports XI Training (2006). I went to San Francisco to attend a two day training course. I enjoyed my days walking around the city after classes.

2. Hiking (2009, 2010, 2011). I walked in new trails for the first time. They were Uvas Canyon in Morgan Hill, CA, Point Lobos in Carmel, CA, Pinnacles National Park in Paicines, CA, and Stanford University's The Dish in Palo Alto, CA. Uvas Canyon was the first time I hiked since 1995 at Yosemite National Park.

1. My First Visit To HP Pavilion (2011). There were multiple firsts which were my first time entering inside the arena, my first San Jose Sharks hockey game, my first playoff game in major league sports, my first playoff overtime, and my first playoff win.

No comments: