Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's Okay To Live At Home

There are millions of people who share a similar life situation like me. We are experiencing tough economic times. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents. It's like I'm George Costanza from Seinfeld. There is no shame living at home and being dependent on my parents. I'm no less an adult. I'm still a strong person. Bad luck, bad timing, and bad fortunes are part of my present life.

Living at home is easier with my parents who accept my current life conditions. Life is easier when I live my life as if I'm independent. I help out around the house including cleaning the dishes, vacuuming, cooking, and doing the laundry. These are house chores I'm responsible if I lived on my own. I take care of my body. I work out at the gym, practice good hygiene, and eat healthy. I take care of my car including oil changes and routine maintenance. I'm responsible for my appearance such as wearing appropriate clothes, shaving, and monthly haircuts. I take the initiative to maintain my job knowledge and learn new job skills taking online classes.

I still have a life. I'm dating a girl. I have friends I spend time to have fun. I read books. I watch movies and some television series. I listen to music. I visit new places such as hiking new trails. I experience new experiences and find new adventures. Life is never on a complete pause living at home.

I'm not lazy sitting on a sofa and watching television. I'm not playing video games in the late night and waking up late. I'm a good person and a good son who shows, acts, and behaves well and makes good choices. I'm fortunate and lucky I live with my parents such that I can focus on finding a job. My home is easier to live as long as I make my parent's life easier. I know living at home is temporarily. I move out and live independently one day. I experience a big break with luck and timing in my favor soon. I must be patient.

It's okay to live at home. Don't take the generous offer for granted.

No comments: