Sunday, March 12, 2006

Philosophy 98: Innovating Life

I had a dream I taught a one night a week class at De Anza College. The class was Philosophy 98: Innovating Life. I taught students how to innovate one's own life. The required books were Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I wanted students to read Rich Dad Poor Dad because I wanted to teach the students that the rich people are probably not the next door neighbor driving a BWM. And I wanted the students to read How to Win Friends and Influence People because I wanted to teach the students to always meet new people.

Each class session, I taught the students how to innovate . . . innovate every day. Class activities included asking the question "Who are you," watching movies to uplift a person's soul, sharing stories about life others can use, writing exercises . . . essentially learning life and innovating life.

Homework was minimal and fun because I believed homework if not assigned properly could ruin a student's desire to learn. Open book exams on the required books. The final was just to show up to class. The minimum grade a student earned was a C just by attending class.

Teaching a class is an old dream coming true. When I was a freshman at San Jose State University, I wanted to teach high school mathematics; unfortunately, it fell through in my junior year. Also, teaching is an opportunity to meet new people and to learn more about innovating life. The teacher learns, too, while teaching. Never stop innovating life XD

How did I get the teaching opportunity? I was selling at the De Anza flea market and I met one of the deans who worked at De Anza. (De Anza College has a flea market once a month.) We talked and the dean loved me and wanted me to teach. I accepted and was hired. What a great part-time job.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: