Friday, March 31, 2006

Take Care Of Your Assets

. . . because if you don’t, a criminal is going to make an ass out of your assets.

Today, the United State Postal Inspection informed my company San Jose Police arrested two suspects. According to police reports, the two suspects broke into a car and possessed the company roster containing personal information including home address, date of birth, phone numbers, and spouse. The police and the postal inspector have no evidence the personal information has been used for criminal activity. For me, I’m concern a little; however, since nothing happened, I’m not worried so far =|

The incident reminds me and everyone reading the Blog to take care and watch out for your personal information and assets. Always secure yourself and your possession wherever you go. Today, information is easy to get, fast to send to others, fast to receive from others, and more and more are available anytime of the day. Moreover, technology can assist criminals to commit identity theft.

I never thought someone in the company or for whatever reason the company roster was in somebody’s car and the criminals break into the car and take the roster. I thought my company had safeguards to protect personal information and the workers take precautions to protect confidential information. On Monday when I return to work, I think twice about my company’s security policies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: