Friday, March 24, 2006

My Feelings For The Week

Steve, I’m still working on the last weekend activities Blog. I hope to finish by next Wednesday. Next Wednesday is my Business Plan final X__X

One of the activities Steve and I did was watched Office Space. (Office Space is one of my all time favorite movies.) It was my second time I watched Office Space. We watched the movie Sunday evening. When I went to work on Monday, I felt different. Really different >.>

I felt like Peter Gibbons, the main character. Gibbons had a new attitude—a neglected attitude such that he didn’t give a damn about his job and his company . . . and he received a promotion (he did care about his closest co-workers). I had the neglected attitude during the week. For instance, my company created a new database which went live four weeks ago. The database has been experiencing bugs and programming errors since then. I found out on Tuesday from the Director of Research there was a major error. The major error was one of the critical fields from the old database didn’t export to the new database. I felt pissed at first. Five minutes later, I didn’t give a shit 8-|

It seemed watching the movie hypnotized me and gave me a new attitude and new outlook. I felt great inside me such that I had no care in the world working. I have nothing to fight for in my company. My company has neither a CEO nor CFO. Does anyone want to work in a company without a go-to person or without leadership? *Raises hand* I don’t.

BTW, any company looking for innovative processes in a department and wants a cheap and effective worker, please consider me. Think of me like a baseball player playing for the Oakland A’s. Anyone who read the book Moneyball by Michael Lewis should know what I’m talking about :-)

Note: After I found the error, the Director of Research emailed me and CCed the Managing Partner and Office Manager our phone conversation explaining the error in more detailed. My gut feeling was the Director of Research was scared I storm to the Managing Partner and tell him I was really pissed, and then the Managing Partner becomes pissed and attacks the Director of Research, but I doubt it because the Managing Partners does nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: