Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hate Your Job? Prepare By Writing The Resignation Letter

A show of hands. How many hate your job such that when the work day is over, you feel miserable when going home? *Raises hand* Yup, me too. For the few people who read my Blogs, and I know a few of those few, you know I don’t like my current job. (BTW, thank you for reading my Blogs. It appears I’m writing good stuff.)

Last night, I wrote my first draft resignation letter. The three paragraph letter is short and to the point. The first paragraph begins in a friendly way. Friendly?!?!? The second paragraph tells the recipient I’m officially resigning. The third paragraph talks about the positives in the company. Ironically, with the stories my family and friends tell me about their companies, when one really thinks about it, many bad companies are not really bad at all. My company is bad. Really bad. My company has neither a CEO not CFO!!!!

I felt really good writing the first draft. I convinced myself I should try looking for another job despite the uncertainty in the economy and Silicon Valley growing really slowly and companies still laying off people. Here is a tip for those who hate their jobs and want something new: write a resignation letter and keep it with you at all times when at work. Make sure the dates are blank, or at least keep the month and day blank and the year typed. Good luck XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: