Sunday, January 07, 2024

Unlearn To Be Better And Unlearn The Incorrect

All parents are not perfect. There are some lessons not taught. There are some lessons taught incorrectly. There are some lessons outdated. Bad nurturing. Incomplete guidance. In addition, the companies provide bad training leading to future dead-end careers or obsolete job skills. And life itself can teach bad lessons. Nobody corrects the incorrect. The person falls through the cracks without anyone calling out the fault. Regardless, self-awareness, personal responsibility, and motivation are required to unlearn. Forgive the past. Unlearn the past. Correct the incorrect. Retrain. Relearn.

I'm a person from the above paragraph. I work years to unlearn the incorrect. I work years to confirm what I knew I was correct. I realize some people didn't want to teach me correctly. Maybe they didn't want me to succeed. Maybe they wanted to hide their ignorance. Maybe they helped me with little effort. All is forgiven.

I used to live life as life must go my way. I got angry when life didn't. I also got angry when I can't control my life; although, I admit life was great when I controlled life and life flowed my way like the late Steve Jobs' reality distortion field. I used to take life for granted. I didn't take life seriously. I lived life with too much fun. Mistakes were ignored. Problems were ignored. I got away with some of the mistakes and some of the problems. The other mistakes and problems affected me later. I was a coward. I was weak.

The past is the past. Chapters are closed. Some of the above are not my fault because support was poor, mentoring was weak, nobody called me out, and nobody helped me. Nothing is forgotten because I learn from these life events. I don't take life for granted. I'm no longer angry when life doesn't go my way. Nobody controls all of life. I take more of my life seriously. Fun is checked. I'm lucky I correct my mistakes myself. There are more mistakes to correct. Problems are solved. I'm courageous. I'm stronger. Never stop learning. Never stop innovating. Innovate infinitely.

Update On A Past Blog

I remind myself I was correct despite many bad lessons, bad teachings, and falling through the cracks. I wrote Top Ten I Was Correct When I Was Young on Jun 9, 2016. Be gritty, no hoarding, exercise, and being a good person are some of the life lessons I have been correct.

No comments: