Monday, June 11, 2007

2007 Fanime Con Day Four

Fanime Con'07 Day Four: Last Day Already?!?

I woke up at 10:15am. I wanted to wake up at 9:30am which I didn't because I was really sleepy from sleeping at 3am. I couldn't believe the last day arrived. The con went by too fast. Fanime'07 was the fastest con ever. And what happened to the cosplayers Saturday and Sunday?

Amelia and I packed our stuff. I cosplayed as Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles for the CLAMP gathering at 11:30am. We packed everything in the car at 11am to avoid the checkout rush between 11am and 12pm. 12pm was the checkout time.

I arrived at the CLAMP gathering at 11:30am. Turnout was expected to be low. Most of the cosplayers were from Tsubasa Chroncles. Two people from Tokyo Babylon, three from xxxHolic, and two from Magic Knight Rayearth appeared. We managed to get pictures and talked to each other. The gathering lasted a long 30 minutes. I took a few pics myself ^^

At 12:15pm, I took one final walk in the dealers room. There were very, very few cosplayers around the con. Today was Monday and the con was dead. I got a call from Barnes at 12:45pm saying the panel room for the 1pm Fanime BBS was empty. He asked me if there was going to be the 1pm panel. I confirmed yes. After the call, I felt less guilty I canceled my Saturday panel because it appeared the 12pm panel before the 1pm Fanime BBS panel was canceled, too.

Last Event

I arrived at the panel room for the Fanime BBS panel at 1pm. People started coming in. Gmontem took pictures of all the Fanime BBS members. Kegan_Flame started the panel asking everyone to introduce themselves. Turnout was good. Some people left early. And there were a few who couldn't make it. Spirit and Otakuapprentice ran the panel most of the time together. Otakuapprentice was gung-ho to hook the Nintendo Wii he went to EB Games on North Fourth Street to purchase an accessory to hook the Wii to the projector. Spirit showed videos and pics from his laptop.

Some of us were sad the con ended including me. I organized a pizza gathering at the main con area. Ryu, SuperKawaiiNeko, Amelia, and I went to House Of Pizza on Almaden Bouelvard. I purchased two large pizzas to share with everyone else. During the 20 minute wait, all of us relaxed and cooled down. We mostly talked about the con and what we purchased from the dealers room.

We arrived with the pizzas at 3:20pm. I got a Coke drink from the Marriott store. I'm glad there was enough pizza to share with everyone. The pizza was expensive, but really good. I hope everyone was happy that we were able to hang out one last time at Fanime '07 and not get full. I really didn't intend to feed everyone lunch `__*

As time passed, people were leaving and we said our good-byes. We saw others passed by and a few Fanime staff we knew doing their duties. Two staffers came by and gave out free posters and key chains. Amelia and I went home at 5pm.

No comments: