Monday, June 04, 2007

2007 Fanime Con Introduction And Prologue

Introduction

Fanime Con'07 is my second favorite Fanime since 1997. I like to share what I did. I met new people, hung around with my friends, participated in four cosplay gatherings, played table top games including poker and UNO, hosted a panel, attended two main events, and took cosplay pics.

The convention started slow. It's like a car taking minutes to reach 60mph. After everything opened and con goers arrived Friday evening from work and school, the con atmosphere became alive.

It took me two days to get into the con spirit. Unfortunately, I cancelled my second panel on Saturday at 8:00pm. The reason was mostly selfish. I wanted to play games with my friends. The other reason was because I was just out of it. I was tired, wasn't myself, and I was lost. I apologize to the Live Programming staff.

Lost. Forgetful. A stranger. Tired. Emo. Those words summarized my con for the first two days. Fortunately, day three and day four were much better . . . so great it both saved the con and awarded '07 as my second favorite.

The main focus was to prevent the bad events in '06 such as breaking my camera and going home too many times. I succeeded. Unfortunately, I forgot how to enjoy myself at the con. For example, I forgot there are many ways to meet new people than just hanging out only. And I forgot how to snap myself from being depressed and moody to being happy and alive. It's an anime con. I must have fun ^___^

The purchase receipts, cosplay pics, and schedule guide assisted me in remembering what I did and helped me typed the Blog. I like to thank the staff and volunteers. Everyone did a great job!!! Thank you for reading.

Fanime Con'07 Prologue

Fanime Con'07 was the first year I stayed in a hotel. I shared the cost evenly with Amelia Seyruun. I went back home too many times during Fanime Con'06. I hated going home. I wanted to do something different in '07. Staying at a hotel was an easy choice. Looking ahead to '08, I stay at a hotel again and participate in more events.

I made the hotel reservation at the Marriott and I pre-registered on December 2006. The hotel cost was $133.00 a night including taxes and fees. There were few special events, guests of honor, and scheduled activities I participated. Fanime was mostly anything goes just like 2006.

On Sunday May 20, 2007, I packed my three cosplays, my clothes, laptop, digital camera, board games, and paperwork. I packed early because on Thursday May 24, I came home from work, loaded the car, and went to Fanime. During the packing, I used my high school and college backpack for my clothes and bare necessities. The big suitcase was unnecessary. I started working at Cisco on March 19, 2007. I earned enough vacation for Anime Expo. I worked 10 hours Monday thru Thursday to get Friday May 21 off. Getting Thursday off was impossible.

On Saturday May 12, 2007, I purchased my neighbor's second car, a Toyota Camry. He and his wife moved to Virginia. My first owned car was good timing because the car contained a big trunk for storage and enough room for my stuff and my Amelia’s stuff just barley.

My car, my cosplays, and everything else packed, I was ready to go. For me, I always kept my fun factor in check. I didn't want to jinx my con experience (I know AX'06 broke the curse, LOL!) and I didn't want to lose anything. I wanted to keep my sense of awareness always focused.

No comments: