Tuesday, June 05, 2007

2007 Fanime Con Pre-Registration Day

Fanime Con'07 Pre-Registration Day: Everyone Got Their Badges

I left work at 7pm. I stopped at Costco before I went home because Costco closes at 8pm. There was no chance to get my badge and then go to Costco between 7pm and 8pm. I purchased a case of bottle water and a box of chips. $7.00 for a case of 28 bottle water was a great deal. I need to find a Costco in the Long Beach area for Anime Expo 07.

I arrived home at 7:45pm. At 8:15pm, I picked up Amelia. We arrived at the San Jose Convention Center at 8:45pm. The line for pre-registration was long. We checked-in first at the Marriott hotel and brought what we could carry from the car. After checking-in, we went to the pre-registration to get our badges. We saw KarismaBlack, the sugars, VictimX, Ryuji, Barnes, and Moogleberg. We got our badges and goodie bag, and were surprised there was no program guide. We returned back to the car two more times to bring the rest of our stuff.

The time was 9:30pm. We hadn’t eaten dinner. We choose to go to Sushi Kazoo in the Willow Glen area. It was worth a gamble because Amelia needed to find a Washington Mutual to get money from the ATM. Along the way, I got a call from Gmontem saying he could help me fix my NiMH battery. Earlier today, I told Gmontem one of my NiMH batteries was not charging correctly. I said I call him after we got back from dinner. Gmontem said no problem. Sushi Kazoo was closed; fortunately, we found a Washington Mutual nearby. Amelia got cash for the dealers room. The next choice was International House Of Pancakes (IHOP) on North First Street.

Before arriving at IHOP, Amelia got a call from Hellangel saying she got Amelia’s badge. We made a quick stop in front of the Convention Center. Hellangel gave Amelia her badge; unfortunately, Amelia’s Tenten from Naruto commissioned cosplay was not ready. Amelia was to give Hellangel her Kikiyo from Inu Yasha cosplay.

We arrived at IHOP at 10:20pm. IHOP was scheduled to close at 10:30pm today only because the carpet was to be cleaned. Lucky. I ordered the two eggs standard breakfast and Amelia ordered the philly cheesesteak. The waitress messed up my order. I wanted sausage. The meal came with bacon. No big deal :] We left IHOP at 10:50pm.

At 11:15pm, we arrived in our rooms. We unpacked our stuff and settled in. I took the bed closest to the window and the ventilation. Taking my three cosplays into consideration, there was no way a third person could sleep in our room =__=

I called Gmontem telling him I'm ready for the battery. I arrived at Gmontem's room and he charged the battery using his advanced battery charger. During the initial battery check, we talked about what we want to buy at the dealers room, random thoughts, and he showed me his container of quarters he brought. I exited the room 30 minutes later and headed back to my room. Gmontem was going to give me the battery tomorrow morning.

I arrived back at the room. Amelia was asleep. I showered, brushed my teeth, and completed settling in. I slept around 1:00am.

No comments: