Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Moment Being Selfish

On Sunday May 20, 2007, my family and I visited my brother's family. My brother lives in a residential development area continuing to build homes. The residential development held a special open house offering food and drinks in eight residential housing areas. Turnout was good IMO.

While I waited for my family to finish eating, I toured the model homes. During my tour, I thought to myself, "One day I'm going to own a home." One day. Currently, I don't know when, don't know how, and don't know where. One day I am going to own a home.

I thought about my life in my own home. I can cook whatever meal, have little junk (really little junk ;D), park my car in my garage, a game room, and invite friends and family over to hang out. I like to have a house not too big because it takes a long time to clean and not too small because I want enough space for people to visit. I want a low maintenance front yard and back yard. And my house must have air conditioning, insulated garage, and storage space to store useful junk ;-)

Being selfish is not me. It's just when I thought about owning a home, I think about the millions of people who can't afford a home. It's sad, yet life is unfair :XX

No comments: