Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Big Goals

I evaluated my 2007-2008 goals on Monday August 4. I evaluate my goals once a year around my birthday. I learned goals must be evaluated more than once a year -__- I started the yearly goals in August 2004. One major piece missing in my life was goals. I never had goals 2003 and earlier including during college. Fail :<

I admit most of my goals have been small. The big ones I accomplished are finding a new job, meeting new people, and buying a used car. My goals are located at my webpage http://www.innovateinfinitely.com/aboutme.html. The goals are listed in the middle of the page and down to the bottom.

I have two concerns regarding my goals. The first concern is my 2008-2009 goals. I have four goals only as of today. The four goals are learn mahjong, read three books, consistent exercise schedule, and build a new PC which all are easy. In particular, build a new PC is easy because I have my family and friends to assist me and I anticipate great deals on PC hardware during Christmas shopping.

The 2008-2009 goals lead me to my second concern. My second concern is I have no big goals now and I can’t think of any. I don’t know who, what, and where I want to be years later and how to accomplish. If I can’t think who, what, and where I want to be years later and how to accomplish, then I have no big goals, and vice versa. In the meantime, I continue to live my life and learn how to live better—innovate my life.

If you’re living life without goals, set a goal to create personal goals. I believe everyone must have goals big or small regardless of living including a freestyle life or a structured life. Goals give focus to you. Freestyle life has focus when one thinks about ;)

No comments: