Sunday, October 26, 2008

Point A to Point B. Where's Point C, D, E, F, G, . . .

I walked to my car from work Friday night and I realized almost everything and everyone in my life I have taken for granted. One lesson I'm learning while growing up is never taking anyone or anything for granted. Most of my successes and most of the people in my life I have taken for granted. I sincerely apologize ^^

I remember a few moments in life I took for granted. The best examples were in high school and college:

*In my sophomore year in high school, I slacked off French II. I barley passed with a B grade. How did I pass with a B grade? The reason was the teacher looked over most of my homework and gave me credit just for attempting. I had good relations with my French teacher. Also, I failed to continue learning and reviewing French I during the summer vacation. I had too much fun and I said to myself, "I got an A in French I. I remember my French next year." =p I took for granted my A grade in French I and the teacher for giving me credit I really didn't deserve.

*Fall Semester 1994 I took Discrete Math. My professor was the same professor I took for Calculus I. I had good relations with my professor. He gave me an A grade in Calculus I. I said to myself, "He was not going to fail me. He was going to give me a good grade regardless if I don't understand everything." I struggled in Discrete Math. I took for granted my good relations with the professor such that he was not going to give me a C grade as long as I completed the work and show effort. My final grade was a C.

I do a great job going from point A to point B when it comes to meeting new people, keeping my relations with family and friends, learning new hobbies and new interests, and accomplishing my assignments, responsibilities, and personal projects. I fail to continue to strengthen myself, to innovate my skills and knowledge, improve my relations, and to embrace change in my life (i.e., go with the flow); although, many times new priorities happen and I make choices whether to continue something new or stop.

Here I am talking about innovate infinitely and I fail to actually innovate infinitely my life. Pathetic! My reason I fail is I forgot who I am. When did I forget myself? I say March 2007 when I got my new job at Cisco. I took everything for granted since I felt I was an all-star, a person who can do everything, and having the wrong attitude nothing can go wrong with me. I'm wrong >==<

Continue finding and accomplishing point C, point D, point E, point F, point G, and so on. Never stop innovating life! Never take life for granted!

I get personal at my personal blog Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: