Friday, January 29, 2010

De Anza Week Jan 25, 2010

Mon Jan 25, 2010

Go with the flow. Go with the flow. My morning commute to school I was late as usual. I have a better understanding with go with the flow. My biggest frustration in Winter '10 is most of the days never went my way. Control what I can control. Don't control what I can't control. Today is the best day since Winter '10 started. I feel more relaxed. Just go with the flow. Be flexible. Cheer up and don't be a stuck up!

I draw a parallel with the morning moment above and Fall '09. In Fall '09, the first 4 weeks of the quarter I was miserable. I was saved when I realized on Sun Nov 1 that I'm a human being just like everyone around me. Humans are not perfect, we make mistakes, and we have desires. I stopped pretending to be tough.

Perhaps, the rest of Winter '10 is going to be a good quarter.

I took my first mid-term in Acct 1B. If the students did their homework, they should get a good grade. There were a few questions that were hard to understand what's being asked. And there were three questions from the Chap 11 quiz. Overall, IMO, the mid-term was fair and if the students did the homework, they should get a good grade.

I also took my first mid-term in Payroll. The mid-term was open book. The book helped me on three problems. I think I scored a good grade. The mid-term was long. There were three or four questions that were not straightforward. There was a substitute teacher to proctor the mid-term. The instructor was on assignment.

Tonight, go home and do whatever I feel like doing. Just going with the flow. Of course, I'm not going to use going with the flow as an excuse to not do my homework if I don't feel like it. I have managed so far in the quarter.

Tue Jan 26, 2010

Singing is hard. Obviously, few singers make it to the top and make the big bucks. Today's class was split into four groups. The instructor wanted personal attention to beginning and advance students. My group was 5:30-6:20pm.

The instructor emphasized keeping the jaw loose, posture, breathing, and keeping your neck and sternum up. My group asked questions on the mid term. The mid term is singing one song. A classmate and I sing one song together.

Wed Jan 27, 2010

Correction. One of the streets around De Anza is Stelling Road, not Sterling Road. The garage I park is Stelling Garage, not Sterling Garage.

Maybe Winter '10 is not going to be a good quarter. I arrived at the computer lab to submit my Peachtree homework. Fortunately I checked the green sheet. I did the wrong chapter. Chapters 5-6 were due. I completed Chapters 4-5. I talked to the instructor. She said it was OK to email chapter 6. Also, I found out I need to complete the Analysis section and print the trial balance at the end of the chapters. Tonight, I complete the Analysis and print trial balances and email to the instructor.

Another problem in Peachtree was my PC didn't open my Peachtree files. The instructor said there were problems earlier in the day with Peachtree and the network. I wonder do I continue coming to the lab? What else is there to do since I come to school early?

I went to the library and wrote blogs. Staying in the library is better than the campus center because the library is cleaner and there are more outlets to plug my computer.

I talked to a classmate on Apple's new product called the iPad in Financial Accounting. He said I must check out CEO Steve Jobs' presentation. He preordered the iPad. I watch the video and make a choice whether I purchase an iPad. The basic model is $500.

We continued practicing the West Coast Swing. There were no new basics learned. The second half of the class we learned the Cha Cha Cha. It looks like the number of students reached the lowest and final count because the last day to drop without a Withdrawal in your records was last Fri. I think the instructor realized she made a mistake teaching us the West Coast Swing first. New students were expecting to learn the more common dances such as the Cha Cha Cha or Waltz.

I finished the Peachtree assignments and emailed to my instructor. I also corrected the missing problems from the prior homework assignments and emailed them.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: