Thursday, March 18, 2010

De Anza Week Mar 15, 2010

Mon Mar 15, 2010

My Financial Acct group project met at 9am at the library to finish. We engaged in small talk while we worked on the project. Both came from Vietnam. One is majoring in marketing and the other is majoring in business administration. One of them has a degree in Business Administration in Vietnam; unfortunately, she must take GE courses because the GE courses she took are not recognized. The second is an undergraduate and wants to transfer to San Jose State. She pessimistic she's not going to transfer because San Jose State restricts transfers from junior colleges. Both say De Anza is expensive because they're paying out of state fees.

At noon, we walked to the cafeteria to eat lunch. Then we had class. We took the Chapter 17 quiz. I scored a 6 out of 10. Not too bad for not studying. Then we turned in the projects. I noticed some students completed incorrectly. One group answered the questions by tearing out the page in the textbook. Most of the students were surprised we needed a folder. We scrambled to find any folder. I used my blue folder for my group. The instructor said projects and presentations must include a folder. Not true. Get out of your book world.

The second half of the class we reviewed the third mid-term. I scored a 96%. Not too bad for studying two and a half days. 30% of the class scored 69% and below. It's misleading because some students who scored low already have their two A's. The instructor drops the lowest mid-term score out of the three. Overall, the results were good.

I studied for the Payroll mid-term #3 after Financial Acct. Two classmates found me in the library and we studied. We ate dinner at 5:30pm. We engaged in small talk and crammed more material. Both are pursuing accounting degrees. One of them has an International Business degree from China. The second is an accounting student.

The mid-term #3 might be joke mid-term #2. I need to think about it. It's one of those "what the hell?" mid-terms. My first joke mid-term was actually a final. It was Physics 60. Everyone was worried about the final everyone studied their asses off. The final happened. Everyone in the room was shocked the final was so easy. Unbelievable! The open book mid-term #3 the multiple choice questions were straight from the lecture. Take good notes, get high scores. The problems were straight from the homework. Do the homework, get high scores. The last part was short answer for California taxes. I know I missed two of the four questions because I didn't expect to memorize the complete abbreviations. Students didn't even need to read the book.

Tue Mar 16, 2010

I registered for my Spring '10 classes. I enrolled in Managerial Accounting or Accounting 1C, the last of the one series, and I enrolled in Business Law. I'm waitlisted for Cost Analysis. If everything goes well, I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday. Also, I have dance on Wednesday.

The second to the last singing class. The instructor mentioned that in class. Everyone got up and sang with book or without book. The instructor said I have been improving. Honestly, I really don't know how. The class could have been great for me. The problem was I got a stomach ache.

During the break, I talked to one student who earned enough De Anza credits to get a bachelors. She finished her GE classes and took many classes in the major fields. She doesn't know what to do.

Wed Mar 17, 2010

I talked to my Peachtree instructor to verify I submitted all the assignments. I did. She confirmed I'm getting an A. Good news. I checked my email and talked to another accounting student before Acct 1B class. The student has a degree from India. I forgot the major. We discussed about transferring to San Jose State which is very hard. It seemed she doesn't know what she was talking about. She told me information that doesn't make sense.

We started on Chapter 12 for Acct 1B. We have an opportunity to earn two more bonus points by completing an online quiz not counted in the final grade.

There was no dance class tonight. Instead, it was the Dance Demonstration where all the dance classes perform on stage with family, friends, and peers. The front row screwed up. Everyone except me moved the wrong way. Oh well. We had fun and that counts!

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: