Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I'm No Longer Nice

The end of Payroll Accounting class yesterday, I talked to two students about good and bad accounting instructors. We talked about my Financial Accounting II instructor. Everyone likes my Financial Accounting II instructor except me. Everyone likes her because she's nice. I agree she's nice. She teaches straight from the book. She wants all her students to pass her class.

Before yesterday, the top reason why I don't like her is because she teaches straight from the book. Even though my grade is an A, I don't recommend her. She makes sure her students know what's required for the mid-terms. In contrast, my Financial Accounting I instructor told stories. He was boring sometimes. He shared experiences. Grades are important for transfers, graduations, and sometimes jobs; however, there is more to life than grades.

I have a new top reason why I recommend avoiding her classes. She's nice. There's nothing wrong with nice people. I believe nice people are boring people. It's hard for me to get along with boring people. I don't like people being too polite, too thankful, too sorry, and asking too many questions. I don't like conversations on weather, what time it is, and topics that has nothing to do with the present moment. It's OK to change the subject. It's timing and discretion that dictates a change in subject.

Five years ago, I believed nice guys could finish first. Nice guys were awesome. I was a nice guy. I was polite. Two years ago, I wanted to be called a good guy. I wasn't a good guy. I still was a nice guy. Yesterday, I declared I'm no longer a good guy. I'm starting to understand and to learn what it takes to be a good guy.

Good guys are not boring guys. Good guys are not nice guys. Good guys are not the guys I described in the third paragraph. Good guys have fun. Good guys seek adventures. Good guys say jokes. (I need improvement on saying jokes. I'm still working on saying more funny jokes and less corny jokes.) Good guys show discretion. Good guys are action. Good guys are nasty, bittersweet, and can be bad asses. Good guys have balls. Sometimes we must be asshoes.

Furthermore, I have a better understanding why women hate nice guys. Women don't want polite guys; guys who say, act, and obey whatever his girls says or demands; and wimpy guys. Women don't want guys I described in the third paragraph. Women don't want guys who are plain and always being the usual.

No more Mr. Nice Guy. I'm a good guy.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with this post. I think your wrong about your discription of Good Guys, and I think you are wrong about what women want. Many women do like nice guys. Women can't be generalized because, like men there are different. They have different tastes in men. They want different things from men. Men too can't be generalized. I know my tastes in women are different then my friends. I think if you give up being nice you are making a big mistake. Although it's nice to be important, it's important to be nice. Don't be a jerk.