Friday, December 03, 2010

De Anza Week Nov 29, 2010

Mon Nov 29

My Thanksgiving was productive. There was something to do from schoolwork to homework (that is, home working and chores) and just having fun. This week is the last full week of classes. Crunch time begins one week early before finals.

The effects of the Thanksgiving weekend affected me today. I worked on the formal paper for my group project in Integrated Computer Acct. I was so close finishing it was worth attending Intermediate Acct. class. The instructor was always late so I know I miss a few concepts. His lectures are terrible anyways.

Crunch time week so far in my favor. I arrived 30 minutes late. There was a guest speaker from Becker, a company that prepares students taking the CPA exam. Lucky! The instructor didn’t pass out the attendance checklist. Lucky!

I stayed in campus after Intermediate because my group practiced our oral presentation. We met in front of the library at 4pm. I brought my laptop to simulate the Powerpoint slide presentation. We checked out a room inside the library. The practice session was successful. We’re ready to go. We want to be the first group to present.

Dance class was the lowest attendance. The class was tired. We had enough strength to practice the Rumba, our Dance Demonstration dance on Wed Dec 1. We learned the Hustle afterwards.

Tue Nov 30

I experienced fatigue during early crunch time week. I cut my Excel class and skipped breakfast at home. I purchased donuts and shopped at Staples to purchase a cover folder for the Integrated Computer Acct. formal paper. I arrived at the computer lab to print out the last homework assignment for Integrated Computer Acct. I talked to the Excel instructor regarding the household project and final. I have the option to present the project one-on-one on Wed and take the final on the last class meeting on Thurs.

Lucky! My group drew the short end of the straw to present first in Integrated Computer Acct. The presentation went well. There were no problems. What a relief. Our group is officially finished with Integrated Computer Acct. There is no final in the class. Crunch time continues tomorrow.

Wed Dec 1

Crunch time continued today while fatigue continued last night. I didn’t read chapter 10 for Intermediate Acct. I dozed off last night. Today’s lecture started with the professor announcing part of Chap 10 is on the final. He finishes Chapter 10 in Intermediate Acct Part II in Winter ’11.

Moreover, I should be eating donuts on days of mid-terms and finals instead of oatmeal. My Excel project must be presented one-on-one to the instructor. I earned a 100% score. I ate donuts between presenting my Excel project and Intermediate Acct. I didn’t eat breakfast at home.

Tonight was the Dance Demonstration. The social dance portion of the demo event Rumba and Cha Cha Cha were great. There was a minor problem in the Rumba as 25% of the class failed to attend. We managed. I helped out the Cha Cha Cha routine by being a substitute leader because fewer leaders showed up. In class meetings, there were more leaders than followers. It seemed some leaders chickened out performing the demo. I was asked to come to Wed’s class, the Cha Cha Cha class, on finals week. I plan to attend.

Thur Dec 2

Crap! I realized I forgot to complete the multiple choice CPA sample questions in the weekly homework assignments in Integrated Acct. The rest of the night I complete them and turn them in. It’s better late and not being turned in.

Excel and Integrated Computer Acct. are officially finished. I took the final in Excel. It was simple true/false and multiple choice. All the groups finished their presentations in Integrated. We got our extra credit exams back. I scored a 29 out of 35 extra credit points. Not too bad. Both classes look good earning an A grade.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: